Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted September 25, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
How do you mend a broken heart?

Heartache 100

by Sis Cat

Heartache. Heartbreak. Torn apart. Broken heart. Raggedy Ann without Andy. Grain of sand tossed on a sand heap. A gated love. A hated love. Love. Love. How do you mend a broken heart? How do you begin to start anew? Take this teacup. For instance. Shattered and reglued. Like your soul. Like your body. Like your body and soul. You long to become whole. You wonder. Wonder. Did I find every piece? Did a chip achieve release from. Me? You move on. Stifle your sad song. Pretend you have mended. But if someone holds you again. You will leak tears.
 



Recognized


In the author's notes for her poem "Well?", FanStory's most prolific and accomplished poet, I Am Cat, wrote, "Would someone PLEASE take these ideas and write a damn prose piece?" I concluded my review by writing, "You may have given me an idea."

Heartache 100 is that idea.

I also studied the prose poetry of Megan Milks published in the Spring/Summer 2016 issue of "Black Warrior Review." Her prose poems "What Do You Feel Like" each contain one hundred words. My use of fragmentation, periods, rhythm, rhyme, and repetition are intentional.

Image is courtesy of Google.

Thank you for reviewing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sis Cat All rights reserved.
Sis Cat has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.