Spiritual Non-Fiction posted September 22, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Christ alone gives assurance of Heaven

Heaven For Sure

by Deniz22

Many believers carry a nagging fear they will not "make the final cut". Somehow, they simply don't have enough faith...works...prayers...vision...commitment...feelings of closeness to God. So they try all manner of ways of stilling the inner fear.

Only one way and one voice can actually calm our uncertainty and spiritual tensions...the voice of the Lord Himself. Here are several assurance verses from the Word of God. If you struggle with the idea of your complete acceptance with God, please read them.

Faith is the answer to fear, faith based on what God has said about our salvation. Jesus became totally unacceptable to the Father on the cross so we could be totally and forever acceptable to Him. Let your soul marinate in the glorious salvation God has provided through Jesus for the weakest of faith.

John 5:24 (NKJV)
"Most assuredly.... I (Jesus) .... say to you.... he who hears.... My word....and believes in Him who sent Me...... has everlasting life, ......and shall not come into judgment......... but has passed from death........ into life.

1 John 5:12 (NKJV)
12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

2 Corinthians 5:17 (NKJV)
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Colossians 2:11 (NKJV)
11 In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ,

Philippians 3:3 (NKJV)
3 For we are the circumcision, who worship God in the Spirit, rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh,

Romans 4:5 (NKJV)
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.

Galatians 2:16 (NKJV)
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.



Recognized


Our old, flesh nature we were born with and the source of our sin, has been cut off in God's reckoning just as Jesus was "cut off" from God for our sins.

When He rose from the dead, every believer (in God's sight) rose with Him forever. We can only be saved by such grace as we are incapable of anything except sin until we are born again. Then as new spiritual creatures in God's sight, we can grow in grace and do those things which please Him by His empowering Spirit.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.