General Poetry posted September 18, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A Villanelle

Bid Hate Farewell

by pharp






 Forgiveness starts at my front door
 ..submissive to God's  Holy word 
bid hate farewell forevermore
 
 when it gives way, set to deplore;
 spreading gossip... lies unheard. 
Forgiveness starts at my front door, 

as trouble beams from distant shores;
allowing feelings to be stirred...
Bid hate farewell forevermore
.

Malice springs like ne'er before
while kindness is left undisturbed--  

Forgiveness  starts at my front door

 as envy spirals down the floor;
resentment soarsvision is blurred    
Bid hate farewell forevermore...

 
For love and peace equates the score;
...my soul remains calm and assured. 
 Forgiveness starts at my front door 
bid hate adieu forevermore.





 



Villanelle contest entry

Recognized


Thanks Google images for the use of artwork.
My very first try at penning a Villanelle, I am not sure at all about the meter.

However, on the other hand the message I am very sure. There was a time when hatred was so rooted in my heart for an individual who had done me wrong, that it caused me to become very ill. In spite of all the hate I had in my heart; a loving, forgiving and merciful God opened my blinded eyes and revealed to me that I was the source of my illness. I was making myself sick with all that hate bottled up on the inside of me. So I did what God instructed me to do. I called that individual and told them that I forgave them for what was done to me, their response was very vague. I expected them to ask me to forgive them; yet that never came, but still it was just fine with me as I was obedient to what God told me to do. Then I knew I had to go a few steps further by repenting of all my sins asking God to forgive me, and I had to forgive myself. I have grown and learned a lot with my walk with God. I will never allow myself to be deceived to allow hate to enter into my heart against anyone ever again.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. pharp All rights reserved.
pharp has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.