Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted September 15, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Paranormal-Flash Fiction

If Only I Could Just Once

by michaelcahill


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.
















 

I’ll just tell you straight up, I’m no angel.  Okay? I’m no devil either. Just a regular guy and I did not ask for this shit. Nope. I just woke up and there it was. I thought it was some kind of sick cowinkadinkadoo at first. Like, hey bitch, cut me off, I hope ya crash. Did I think it was weird when she did? Yeah, I got a little chill along with the satisfaction. Rude bitch.
 
But see, I don’t hear nuthin’. I ain’t in communicado with no one, see. I’m not clairavoying them or some ESPN mumbo jumbo. I just think it, and bammo, it just happens.
 
See that punk hasslin’ that chick? Watch this.
 

He was round, but not overly fat, short, but only a little below the norm. His speech was street and crude, but not completely without charm. He sauntered over to the couple having a heated discussion. It wasn’t a fight, but it was more than a conversation.
 
“It’s just a little revealing for public is all. No big deal. I don’t like men looking at you. Is that what you want, men looking at you?”
 
“I just want to look good when I go out. You want a girl that no one wants to look at? Why is that?”
 
Tony Mosconi stopped his sauntering within about five feet of the couple. “Is there a problem, miss?”
 
“What? Ah, no. We’re just, ah, talking here.”
 
“I was just going to come out of the closet to her. What? What the hell am I saying? Heh, heh. Too much sun, I guess. I mean. I got to get some male action or I’m a gonna go tutti frutti.”
 
“What the hell are you telling me honey. I knew you were a bit sissified in the bedroom, but a man? That’s what you want? Okay, fine with me. I’ve been wanting a woman ever since … what the hell is happening here. I don’t think I'm saying what I'm actually thinking ... am I? … I’d like to see you with a man, baby. Whatever it takes. I'm getting hot just imagining it.”
 
Heh, heh, heh. Watch what happens with this old geezer walkin’ by.
 
An old man turns quickly and faces the bewildered couple. “I’d be glad to accommodate you both. At the same time if you wish.” He removes his teeth. “See, bonus time. Try and do that. I think you’ll find me to your liking. I'd be most pleased to be your bitch, er ah, both of you ... a bitch to both of your bitchinesses.”
 
To tell you the truth, this is all getting boring.
 
The couple and the old man just stared at each other in shock. None of them had a clue why they said what they just said. The couple couldn’t believe each other’s words to each other and were rather surprised at the old man too. After a couple of awkward unintelligible mutterings, the old man slithered away shaking his head. He held his teeth in his hand. He appeared to have forgotten to replace them to his mouth.
 
People on the street started dancing and drifting out into traffic. Tony watched as cars struck people sending them skyward and also underneath screeching tires. People began brawling in the middle of the street and then in turn were struck by other vehicles happening on the scene. In short order all traffic stopped and a riot insued. Tony sat on a bus bench watching.
 
You’re all angry. You’ve had enough and you want to kill each other. There’s no point to the bullshit anymore. Survival of the fittest, that’s what it’s all about. Kill, kill, kill, nothing gets in your way. Hell they wouldn’t do it if it wasn’t in them. They love it. Look at them. They’re nothing but animals.
 
Powers leave as quickly as they arrive it seems. Tony found that out. The focus of the crowd turned to him. His attempts to will them back failed. In full panic mode, he ran for his life.
 
They caught him.
 

 



Paranormal Flash Fiction contest entry




I doubt I need all the warnings, but they don't hurt anything. :))




Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.