General Fiction posted August 23, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
letter to God

my prayer

by judester

Dear God, this is my prayer for the animals. I know that there is a perfect balance to life and death, but the scales seem to be tipping these days.

Man seems to have lost the compassion for those that share this earth.

The cruelty and senseless killing to satisfy his greed just doesn't make sense to me.

We are clearing their forest homes, killing to extinction the elephants for ivory ( I know they have a special connection with you) and polluting the ocean homes of the aquatic ones.

Instead of appreciating and honoring the animals that give us sustenence, we treat them cruelly in the pursuit of money.

Even the bees, butterflies and fireflies in their tiny world are disappearing. Has Man's greed for money made him blind to the world around him? Spraying poison recklessly to produce the perfect fruit, is destroyng those micro worlds, that we can't even see, but are important.

sigh.

Looking into the eyes of elephants and orangutans, I can see them pleading silently. They are suffering needlessly and that's not right.

I guess that this prayer is for Mankind. I pray for a little compassion and respect. I pray for the animals, to be able to live and survive in peace. I think that was your plan.

Thank you for listening God and we'll see you on Sunday.



Dear God, writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.


Thanks to James Paganelli for the perfect prayer spiral.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.