Family Non-Fiction posted July 25, 2016 Chapters:  ...19 20 -21- 22... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
July 25th 2016

A chapter in the book Greyson

Fun Day with Greyson

by Teri7


The softness of his little hands and his great big warm smile brings such joy to my heart and soul. What grandmother doesn't love that?

When we got to my son's house this morning Greyson was in a really good mood. He had learned two new words this weekend - purple and apple. Well wouldn't you know he did not want to say those words for us this morning. I guess my son and his wife have not figured out that we are not miracle workers! All we can do is work with him and be patient. I know God is working with that little guy.

My son had gotten a report from the doctor's office that his cholesterol was too high. So his mission was to lose some weight. I have tried hard to stick to Subway, but my wants for something else creeps in. I asked if he could eat lunch with us today. Of course he said not today mom. That was that. So we went on about our day enjoying and trying to play with and teach Greyson.

About 11:00ish my son called and asked if we wanted to go to ChuckE Cheese! Of course I did! I went about getting Greyson ready to eat lunch with us and his daddy. Tom and I had him all ready when his daddy got home. The first thing Jonathon wanted to do was get Greyson to say his new words he learned over the weekend. He finally said purple, but not apple. He loves saying bubble, but that is not enough for them. Tom and I followed them to the pizza place. When we pulled up beside them in the parking lot Jonathon got Greyson out of his car seat. His little face was so red. He reached over for my hand to walk with him.

We walked in and found a place to be seated. The ladies there were so nice, but Greyson didn't like it too much. He has gotten to where he is really shy. We ordered our food and I had little Greyson sitting beside me in the booth and his dad. He saw these people beside us and he started to hide his head again. I talked to him and told him they were really nice little girls. He kept his little head down for a little while and finally came up to be with us. He ate a little and then his dad got him some game tokens to play the games with. He was so happy about that. They came back with a lot of tickets to turn into items to receive prizes. My daughter in law showed up to eat with the guys for lunch.

It was a real nice treat for me. I do so enjoy my family and especially my grandson. Thank you Lord for another wonderful day! God bless all that read this.



Recognized


This is not a professional write. It is a write for my grandson some day. Hope you enjoyed reading it. Teri
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.