General Script posted July 25, 2016 Chapters:  ...37 38 -39- 40... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a one-scene script

A chapter in the book Scenes

Soap

by Bill Schott


Scene opens center stage in a living room. Marcia and John enter from stage right and left.


John:      I can't believe you're still here.


Marcia:   Why? Did you think that blackmail scheme with the mayor and that spy from an unheard of, secret, government agency could keep me from my sister's baby?


John:      No. After surviving cancer, a plane crash, falling off a cliff, and an explosion in a boat as it went over the falls, I should have figured you'd turn up again.


Marcia:   You seem different.


John:      After being kidnapped by that crazy scientist from that unknown Slavic country, I was given a new face, voice, made taller, put on twenty pounds of lean muscle, and discovered that I am actually not a hardened criminal who grew up in the streets of this average town, but the son of a tycoon from yet another unknown country no one has ever heard of.


Marcia:   Well, this gun should end any chance that you'll be spending that money. Especially since that tycoon is my father and that makes you my brother.


John:      Oh no! That means our son is --


Marcia:   Not yours, but your third cousin's, whom I met while recovering from amnesia on that uncharted tropical island for over three years.


John:      But we made love. I recall several times having PG-13 sex with you.


Marcia:   Those were all images placed in your memory through an hypnotic suggestion made by that evil doctor who used to be a lawyer before going back to school and becoming the best medical student that an ivy league secret university had ever seen.


John:      If you shoot me you'll go to prison for the rest of your life.


Marcia:   One thing I've learned as an ex-CIA operative who became a computer hacker turned police detective and eventually the mayor, senator, and governor of this unknown state, and CEO of a billion dollar company that no one has ever heard of, is that prison is only a place to learn an important moral lesson before being granted a pardon for doing some amazing heroic act which counteracts any murders, kidnappings, embezzlements, or sexual indiscretions I may have been, thought I have been, or was tricked into believing I had been involved in.


John:      Go ahead -- shoot.

(Gun shot. John grabs his head and falls facing upstage. Marcia walks past the body and exits stage right.)

(Within seconds, John sits up and faces downstage. He has blood on the side of his head. He rises and moves downstage center and speaks.)



              Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!  
              (Alternate line ... Who am I?)   


 




Photo from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.