General Non-Fiction posted June 23, 2016


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short memorial poem.

I Thought I Heard Her.

by write hand blue





















Jess died last night....As her last moments approached, we all said our goodbyes to a faithful companion. The vet was ready.

We had a duty of care and I had no intention of letting her suffer after her many years of devotion to myself and the family.

I took a deep breath and close to her I whispered soothing words. She seemed relaxed. I stood to one side and seconds later she left us--a little part of me went with her.

***

The mind can play tricks on you while you sleep. I actually thought I heard Jess and awoke, hoping just hoping. Alas it was just a dream. Groggy with sleep I switched on my laptop

'I thought I heard her,' is my impression of Jess as I heard her in my dream running up the stairs to our apartment. In her younger more energetic days you could always hear her skidding on the floor seconds before she appeared at our door panting with the effort.



                                                         I THOUGHT I HEARD HER..



    I thought, yes I did...

    I Thought--I heard her...

                                  effortful struggling

                                                          slowly rushing



      stairs tiring

                                                  collar tinkling

                             paws skidding

                                                       silent barking

     door scratching

                                          loud panting


                          ~
I thought I saw her
~


                sad eyeing

                                         still smiling

                                                 life befriending

                        ever depending

                                                                   forever loving.

                                           now departing


                        those

        Farewell tears for yesterday's living


                                break hearting


                                                never forgetting



                                     we grieve...


For you 'JESS' our revered friend a different write—something a little special, for someone very special.


                  AN

                           EVER MEETING


                                 'HERE'S HOPING'



                                           *******



I left the work as I found it this morning when I awoke. My apologies for the strange wording, but they are not for changing. They have meaning to me.

As always I appreciate your time and thank you for reading.

Jess touched the hearts of all who knew her.
RIP



Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. write hand blue All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
write hand blue has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.