General Fiction posted June 2, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
100 -150 words contest

Delay At Dawn

by Ulla


I sat at the table in the kitchen eating my early breakfast. The aroma from the coffee filled the room, and while I sipped it, I gazed out of the window and noticed the hint of light. I looked at the clock. At five thirty I was not at my best, but the thought of my husband cheered me up. He was my rock. Sean was due back from a conference in France and I'd promised to pick him up on arrival.

The shrill ring of the phone brought me out of my reverie.

"Darling, so glad I reached you before you've left. The French controllers are on strike again, so don't know when I'll be back. I'll call when I know more. Love you."

"Love you too."

I sighed, and turned towards the stairs. Might as well go back to sleep.





100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: breakfast, light, rock, phone, clock

Recognized


141 words. The French air controllers are indeed on strike, yet again.

Thanks to pfemd for the use of the artwork
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by pfemd at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ulla All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ulla has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.