General Fiction posted May 14, 2016 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Why I am writing Buttons, the truth

A chapter in the book Buttons

I don't hate the Catholic Church

by jusylee72

When the idea for a horror, action novel came into my head, I had no idea where it was going.
So, I did what writers need to do. I sat myself down. I started to write. I let my thoughts free. I didn't edit.

After I wrote for about a week, I saw a pattern. I saw resentment, religious conflicts, expected morals, anger, misunderstandings and most of all, a family who survived and loves each other.

I am not talking about one generation. I am talking about many. Words and actions form us in every family. The words become the clay we are created by, molded by, influenced by. We are forced, coerced then eventually choose who we will be.

Once, we become the Mothers and Fathers of our children, we realize we carried our parent's with us.

We love our children, nurture them, protect them. We believe we know what our children need.

"The Physical DNA" grows in their cells. "The Emotional DNA" lives in us. It is transmitted to our children by our daily actions. It is a complex, variety of creation written by out ancestors, but tainted by the events of history. Our ancestors lived different lives in the stone age than they did during Hitler's reign. Humans adjust to the horrors, challenges and joys that became who we are and who we will be.

So, I began a book. There truly was no thought about where it would go, who the characters would be, why it would be about molestation, revenge, serial killing, the Catholic Church.

It was simply a need to write.

The human factor is this: My mother was excommunicated from the Catholic church for marrying my father.

If my Mother had not broken the Catholic Doctrine, if she chose to live by what the priests told her, if she would have listened to her mother, if she didn't trust herself then:

I would not exist.
I would not be writing this.
I would have no sisters.
We would have no children.
None of us would have grand children.

But my Mom married that "Divorced Man" anyway.

That Man who was married before he flew in "World War Two".
That Man who left his wife to serve in war.
That Man who came back to a wife, pregnant by another man.
That Man who was raised by a single mother during the depression.
That Man who had a wonderful voice.
Thar Man who loved to hear me sing.
That Man who I didn't understand.
That Man who I wish I could talk to today.

I do not want to offend any one in the Catholic Church. I know so many faithful, wonderful Catholics who love their religion. I just want to write and this is the result.

Judy
















 




All religions are good and bad, in my opinion. We have to follow the doctrine we believe to be true in our lives. Religion has been used to do evil things, ( Ruined Native Americans), (The Inquisition), yet has saved lives and helped the needy. I am so happy that my Mother chose to leave the church and marry the wonderful man who became my father. Her family was furious. I barely knew my grand mother.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jusylee72 All rights reserved.
jusylee72 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.