General Poetry posted March 31, 2016 Chapters: -Prologue- 1... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Dorsimbra

A chapter in the book Musings Of My Muddled Mind

NaPoWriMo Challenge: Prologue

by Debra White


Within the pages of this little book
I'll share the musings of my muddled mind.
I hope that you will pause to take a look
although, just now, I'm not sure what you'll find!

Inspiration flickers
then my kids crash in--
train of thought
derails.

This NaPoWriMo challenge could be tough,
but I'm a lass who strives to see things through.
A poem a day this month is what I'll scribe
within the pages of this little book.

 



NaPoWriMo 2016 (30 Poems in April) contest entry

Recognized


This is the prologue for my book 'Musings Of My Muddled Mind', for the NaPoWriMo writing prompt challenge.

How this book turns out will be as much of a surprise to me, as it will be for you!

With no set format planned, we are literally at the mercy of my muddled mind and the children responsible for muddling it.... Ben (10), Katie (8) and Rebecca (5). I'm pretty sure that they will make an appearance or two along the way!

Thank you for reading my poetry :)

NaPoWriMo, or National Poetry Writing Month, is an annual project in which participating poets attempt to write a poem a day for the month of April.

DORSIMBRA: The Dorsimbra, a poetry form created by Eve Braden, Frieda Dorris and Robert Simonton, is a set form of three stanzas of four lines each.
Stanza One: Four lines of iambic pentameter, rhymed abab.
Stanza Two: Four lines of short and snappy free verse.
Stanza Three: Four lines of iambic pentameter blank verse, where the last line repeats the first line of Stanza One.

Image courtesy of Google.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Debra White All rights reserved.
Debra White has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.