General Poetry posted March 27, 2016 Chapters:  ...17 18 -19- 20... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
haiku 5-6-3

A chapter in the book Haiku/Haiga

haiku (mouse hauls thawed berry)

by michaelcahill

 photo nightowl3finished_zpss6xp0jrq.jpg
 
                                                      by michael cahill

 



Recognized




My thanks to Gypsy Blue Rose for starting this project. Since this is meant to be instructional and educational in nature, I thought I'd share some of my thinking as I prepared my contribution. I'm hardly an expert, but I'm hoping we all learn together and offering our process may shed some light we can gain from together. Gypsy's piece which I'm trying to connect to depicted a stark night scene with an almost eerie emptiness to it. I thought about that and an owl came to mind, perched in a tree in winter seeking prey in the silent manner it does. At the same time a mouse hauls a thawed berry through the snow to it's family, food when food is rare. The owl spots the mouse. Of course the mouse is unaware. In haiku the reader is supposed to participate and read into the piece at least half of what takes place. So, the owl capturing the mouse, the family never seeing its provider, all of that is left to the reader to contemplate. So, there's my thinking. I hope you enjoy. Now, one of YOU reads this and writes something connected. :))

I'm not the best at the writing on the artwork thang, but I'm working on it. LOL




Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.