General Fiction posted February 5, 2016 Chapters: -Prologue- 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Predictable book for the early reader

A chapter in the book Fancy Things

Dressing up for Dinner

by Marykelly

Mother said to get dressed up for dinner. Mother said we are going to a fancy restaurant for dinner. Mother said that I could brush my hair in front of her mirror. I like Mother's room. I like Mother's things. Mother has fancy things.

Here is Mother's lipstick. When Mother gets dressed up she wears lipstick. She has pink lipstick. She has orange lipstick. Do I dare? She won't care. Mother says it's good to share. I like pink. I like orange. I'll put some pink lipstick on my top lip. I'll put some orange lipstick on my bottom lip. That lipstick looks just right.

Here is Mother's eye shadow. Here is Mother's face powder. When Mother gets dressed up she wears her eye shadow. She powders her face. Do I dare? She won't care. Mother says it's good to share. I like the blue eye shadow. I like the green eye shadow. I'll put blue eye shadow on one eye. I'll put green eye shadow on the other eye. I'll put on lots of face powder. That eye shadow and face powder look just right.

Here is Mother's red blush. When Mother gets dressed up she wears blush. Do I dare? She won't care. Mother says it's good to share. I'll put some red blush on my cheeks. I'll make shiny red circles on both of my cheeks. That red blush looks just right.

Here is Mother's yellow dress. When Mother gets dressed up she wears her yellow dress. Do I dare? She won't care. Mother says it's good to share. This dress has puffy sleeves. I like puffy sleeves. They make me look like I have big muscles. This dress has a twirly skirt. I like the puffy sleeves. I like the twirly skirt. This yellow dress looks just right.

Here are Mother's purple beads. When Mother gets dressed up she wears her purple beads. Do I dare? She won't care. Mother says it's good to share. These purple beads are round and smooth. They look like yummy grapes. These purple beads look just right.

Here are Mother's black shoes. When Mother gets dressed up she wears her black shoes. Do I dare? She won't care. Mother says it's good to share. These black shoes have very high heels. These high heels make me very tall. These black shoes are just right.

I hear Mother's voice come up the stairs. She asks if I'm dressed up. I am dressed up. I dressed up all by myself. I'll go downstairs. I'll show Mother how fancy I look in her things. Do I dare? She won't care. Mother says it's good to share. I look just right. Mother will be so proud of me.




This is a children's picture book, specifically a predictable book. Predictable books are for the early reader and they have several characteristics. The sentence structure is simple. The vocabulary is limited. There is a great deal of repetition in the pattern of the story and the words themselves. Predictable books help the early reader develop the skill of anticipation or prediction which is an important part of reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Marykelly All rights reserved.
Marykelly has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.