Children Poetry posted February 1, 2016


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Children's Poetry Contest 154 Words

Cayden's Dreams

by Mary Wakeford

What do you dream of, sweet child of ours? Are they of a black cat named Herc, or a grey one named Jack? Of a pup named Moose, who's love for you happily surprised us too?

Are they of a wild adventure in the mountains of Kalamazoo, alongside a big dog named Maycie and a cat on a leash who goes by Shamu?

Do you dream of a white dog named Paddy, who while eating a doughnut and sipping a latte, is directing traffic in Cincinnati?

Or do you dream of the love that surrounds you?
Your mama's kisses, your daddy's "woohoo's" and "terribly misses?"

Your grandpa's tickles that leave you in stitches and your Mimi's hugs that declare you delicious?

Uncle Jarrod and Auntie's Kate and Em, complete the scene in declaring you their number one dream.

Sleep so peaceful, child and gift from a realm far above the stars
We've got you covered, with this endless love of ours.



A Poem For Children contest entry


We became grandparent's in 2014. To say our grandson has changed our world would be an understatement.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Mary Wakeford All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Mary Wakeford has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.