General Non-Fiction posted January 8, 2016 Chapters:  ...35 36 -37- 38... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My middle son Timothy

A chapter in the book Spiritual Work

The Good Samaritan

by Teri7

Yesterday I received a phone call from my middle son, Timothy. He started out, "Hey mom. What are you doing?" Nibbling on my dinner I stopped chewing so I could answer him. "Just eating dinner. What's up with you?" We chatted for quite awhile before he got to the subject that was bothering him. He works for the Social Security Administration as a lawyer for the judge. He helps the judge make the decisions on the cases.

"Mom, you're a Republican aren't you?" I thought really hard about that for a minute and then answered ,"I vote for the person that has the best and realistic campaign." He got real quiet for a moment and started back up, "Mom would you vote for Trump or Hillary?" I thought this is a really odd question. I said, "Tim, where are you going with this?" Drinking a sip of my water I listened as he talked. "Mom, I know where you live there are not as many homeless people, but here there are so many and no one to help them." I said, " I know son. It's really a sad thing to happen to people."

Then he continued with, "Mom there are some people that doesn't have anybody. There is this woman that is always outside Trader Joe's when I stop in to get something. Today I followed her into the store. I kept going down each aisle that she went down. I noticed she only had a few items in her cart. I finally got the nerve to walk up to her and introduce myself to her. I asked her what did she need from this store. She told me a few items and I told her that I would buy her some groceries. We went down some aisles and got a few things.

She then started to talk to me about her life. She had been married a long time ago but her husband had died and left her with nothing. She didn't have any family at all."

"Son, that was so very sad." I thought for a minute that we had lost our connection until I heard his tearful voice saying, "Mom, I did all I could do for her, but it didn't seem to be enough for me."

He started to tell me more about the lady. He said, "mom, she is going to school to try to graduate at the age of 50. She was trying to find some paper and pens for her school stuff. They didn't have everything she needed so we checked out. I helped her get home with her groceries."

"Mom, after I left her I went home and just sat down and cried. I couldn't stop crying. There are so many people like that in the world and nobody is trying to help them. The government don't help them."

"Tim, just know that what you did was a great thing for her and I am sure she appreciated it."

"Mom, she kept on thanking me."

Next Day

I decided to call Timothy and check on him. He answered in his usual cheerful voice. I asked him about his day and he started telling me about that lady again. He had stopped at another store on his way home from work and got the items she didn't have for school and found her and gave them to her. I was so very proud of my son for helping this lady out.

It makes me feel good to know that we raised our three sons right. I thank God for all three of my sons. I hope this touches your heart like it did mine. This is just a very small part of my life but I thought it was worth mentioning.





Share Your Story contest entry

Recognized


Thanks to BrooklynMyran for the great art work to go with my writing.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Teri7 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Teri7 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.