General Flash Fiction posted November 30, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Baby learns a life lesson

Baby's Great Adventure

by davisr (Rhonda)


Okay, there it is again. If I can just get my eyes to focus on it.

Eyes...EYES...focus...great, good, I can see it clearly now.

Hands? Hands, get it together. Come on, it's not that hard. You grabbed a whole handful of mommy's hair just this morning.

Okay, hands are on-board.

Now all I have to do is conquer the roll over. I almost had it yesterday. I can do it today. I am older and stronger.

Do it on three, one, two, darn-it, what comes after two? I knew I should have been paying closer attention to that ridiculous song sister was singing to me. How did that go again?

"One, two, buckle my shoe, three, four..."

Okay, good. It's three. Great, now I'm going to have to start over.

Rock one, rock two, rock three, and over I go to my side.

Yes!

I'm on my side, people. Anyone have a camera? Where's grandma? She's always good for a picture.

Grandma? You're not looking. Fine, I'll do it with no documentation...

Now, where was that orange fuzzy thing I was reaching for?

Good, there it is.

Stretch, stretch, I got it!

Yes!

Soft, so soft.

Owwwwww. Mommy--- Kitty bit me---

Oh, there Grandma is with the camera. Don't worry, I don't need it now. Bad kitty just slashed me.

Waaaa, waaaa.

Ooh, look there's a puppy tail. Hmm...work on that one tomorrow.



Through the eyes of a child writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short story (100-500 words). The story must include a child's perspective of an object or situation. The story may be told from the viewpoint of the child, or an adult.


Quotation marks left out for effect.

Just watching my new granddaughter exploring her world. Through the eyes of a small child, all things look new.

BTW, she didn't actually get slashed by the cat. He is very protective of her.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. davisr (Rhonda) All rights reserved.
davisr (Rhonda) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.