General Non-Fiction posted November 25, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The First Car

My Joy and Pride

by Ulla


What do I remember most about my first car?

That it was stolen!

It was a beautiful day in May, and one of the proudest moments in my young life. I had saved and saved, and then at the tender age of twenty three I finally drove out of the dealer's court yard in my new pride.

What was the model you may ask.

A humble Fiat, mustard yellow in colour, not one of my favourites, but the only one that I could afford.

I couldn't wait to show it off to my friends and family. I made the rounds, and they all made the right noises. Everybody was duly impressed, and shared in my joy.

A couple of weeks of this happy marriage, and I had to visit my dentist. A wisdom tooth was playing up and had to be removed. I drove into the city centre, and soon found a free space to park. I locked the car, and went to my dreaded appointment. I hated dentists then, as I do now.

Tooth removed, and a head the size of a football, or so it felt, I made my way to where I had parked my car a couple of hours earlier. I looked around, but no, it was not there. Thinking that I had lost more than my tooth, I searched yet again. But no, it was nowhere to be seen!

By then I was in tears, and with heavy steps I headed towards the nearest phone booth to call the police, and soon they were there. But to no avail.

I never saw the car again.











Your First Car writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Remember your first car? Tell us about it. Be reasonably honest. Three hundred word max.

Recognized


299 words.

This is forty years ago. No mobiles then. I later learned that gangs from the then Eastern Europe stole cars and took any spare parts, engines and so forth that they could sell on.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ulla All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ulla has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.