General Fiction posted November 15, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
blatant advertising

zanzigirl shop

by judester

I am a modern day beachcomber. Not only on the beaches, but in dusty bead shops and fairs. I am zanzigirl and make unique beach jewellery.

A Canadian that has been living in Arusha Tanzania for the past 20 years. I found a temporary job working as a cook for young volunteers on the island of Zanzibar.

I would string together beads and pretty little shells as I thought up menus at night. I make them long so they wrap around the ankle three times, creating a bohemian, hippie look.

The first one I made, I wore that morning and the young girls loved it. I sold it, then made another and sold that one too. This was the beginning of zanzigirl shop on etsy.

Each anklet is totally unique, more so because you can add your own pieces, like a charm bracelet.

They are made with smoked glass beads from Ghana, delicate brass balls, pretty shells and tiny coral that has broken from the reef and made it's way to me.

My Maasai friends here will supply unique and colorful beaded belts and leather bracelets.

There are also hand carved wooden spoons coming from a project that I began a few years ago to raise money for a young man's schooling and it just continued. Zanzigirl will sell one of a kind cushion covers and beaded key chains. Whenever I find something cool, I will stock it.

So zanzigirl shop is ever changing, because that is the nature of combing, you just never know what you will find.

The re opening is next week and I hope that my fanstorian friends will check it out. Cheers.







Write Something-No DQ writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write something.
Anything.
Poetry, prose, poetry and prose, a math quiz,
whatever you think might be of interest to the
reader.
Present it any way you wish.
Nothing will be disqualified.
The voters will vote for whatever they liked the best
for whatever reason.


Thanks to Loyd C Taylor Sr. for a stroll on the beach.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. judester All rights reserved.
judester has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.