Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted September 14, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
a very short philosophical pondering...(201 wds) *see notes*

Ugly Duckling and Lone Wolf

by Dawn Munro


Ugly Duckling and Lone Wolf

We like to say that deep introspection is difficult, we moan and groan about how hard it is to be honest with ourselves, truly honest.

I say poppycock. It isn't. It's all right there, at the very forefront of our consciousness. We know exactly why we do the things we do, even (mostly) why we say the things we say.

It's just that examining our consciences means facing what we find and most of us are not without guilt. We would rather not have to face the truth about ourselves because that might mean we have to change. Saying introspection is difficult is a handy excuse. It meets with much commiseration too, others nodding and agreeing, giving voice to the lie we tell each other.

But the really wicked thing about it is the effect it has on the naysayers. Christ knows: He died because of it.

The naysayers suffer, ostracized for daring to disagree. They are labelled as know-it-alls, talked about, slain by proxy.

Find me a hermit for company. Give me a recluse as my friend.

I bet we won't even have to exchange a word to know we are in good company.
 
<><><>



Recognized


I'd rather be an ugly duckling because we all know how it ends... But I sure hope the wolf isn't hungry!

Or am I the wolf...or something else...

Video courtesy of YouTube.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dawn Munro All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dawn Munro has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.