Biographical Non-Fiction posted September 2, 2015 Chapters:  ...62 67 -68- 68... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Yep, this one is all true

A chapter in the book Tiny Tales of Terror

A Real Life Tiny Tale of Terror

by dejohnsrld (Debbie)


A Real Life Tiny Tale of Terror

Someone is trying to terrorize me. Three or so times a week for the past three weeks someone has knocked on my door between two and four in the morning. They don't just knock--they knock on the front door, then the back door, and again on the front door.

I have always felt very safe in my small town and used to go for a walk about midnight or so when all was quiet. I pretty much have left my house unlocked so I don't have to transfer from the recliner to my wheelchair, and then back again. I have someone who comes almost every day--nurse, homemaker, social worker ... and so on. They knock on my inside door and I say, "Come in." At night, I have left the door unlocked in case the paramedics need to help me get up if I fall which I tend to do.

A couple months ago, I started locking up due to some family issues, and am glad I did now that I have this mystery knocker.

Am I afraid? ... yes. Do I think they would physically harm me? ... I hope not. I think it is just harassment.

I have a couple suspects in mind. They aren't jilted lovers or anything, but I won't post who they are.

Fortunately, I live within two blocks of the police station. I have been using my lifeline system to call for help because it makes a very loud beeping noise, which can be heard outside, hoping that gets them to leave. All I have to do is yell, "I need the police," and Lifeline calls 911 for me.

I know I am not imagining this, unless my beagle imagines it at exactly the same time.

The police arrive quickly, but not quickly enough to apprehend the knocker.

I don't mean to alarm anyone, but needed to share it with you, my supportive system. It happened once again at 3:00 am this morning. My already disturbed sleep is now nonexistent.

I hope they get bored with this, or that the police catch them soon.

If you read my first Tiny Tale of Terror, I truly do now stay close to my claw hammer after dark, just in case ...

This one isn't a he-he-he, but although a bit too long, seemed like it belongs in this book.






See next post for the ending of this
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dejohnsrld (Debbie) All rights reserved.
dejohnsrld (Debbie) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.