Horror and Thriller Fiction posted September 1, 2015 Chapters:  ...61 62 -67- 68... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A Tiny Tale of Terror

A chapter in the book Tiny Tales of Terror

The Future

by dejohnsrld (Debbie)



 
Alice had been terrified of tornadoes since she watched the Wizard of Oz when she was eight. She watched the Weather Channel nearly all the time. If there was a slight hint of severe weather, she would retreat to the basement.
 
She often had dreams about being killed by a tornado. She would wake up screaming, heart racing and terrified.
 
Fascinated with the spiritual world, she saw the fortune teller every year when the fair came to town. This year was no exception, and in the middle of a sunny afternoon, she was gazing into the fortune teller’s crystal ball looking for answers to life’s ongoing questions.
 
As she looked, she saw herself directly in the path of an enormous funnel cloud. The wind was fierce and sounded like a freight train. She was a few yards from her front door, running as fast as she could, but getting nowhere as the wind kept pulling her backward.
 
She saw the neighbor girl’s tricycle, her potted plants, and her wicker lawn chair be picked up by the swirling wind. Then she saw herself being sucked up and dropped a mile away. Her limp, lifeless body dropped in a muddy cornfield.
 
She screamed in horror as she watched the crystal ball, wishing she hadn’t come. She wanted to know her fortune, her potential for romance, anything but what she'd seen.

She jumped up to run from the tent …
 
and ran …
 
right into …
 
the knife.
 
 
Hope you like this one, Dean.
 
He-he-he …
 
It might be better not to know …
 

 



Recognized


For as long as I can remember, I have had nightmares about tornadoes.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dejohnsrld (Debbie) All rights reserved.
dejohnsrld (Debbie) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.