General Non-Fiction posted August 31, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
A short stroy from my recent stay in the hospital.

In The Rehab Hospital (part 1)

by patcelaw

























In The Rehab Hospital (part 1)

It was three o'clock in the morning and I was having a hard time sleeping. We all have those kind of times when we are in the hospital. I was listening to a Christian radio station that played lovely old hymns and some of the newer Christian music. I had to ring the bell for the nurse to let the rail on my bed down so I could go to the bathroom. My nurse that evening was Bernie, a young Hispanic male attendant. He straightened my bed and got me fresh water.

When I came back to my bed he stayed for a few minutes listening to the music playing on my smart phone. The hymn that was playing was 'I Surrender All.' Bernie began to hum with the music so I began to sing the words.

This led us into a conversation about the hymn.

I said, "Bernie, I think you know that hymn well."

He replied, "Indeed I do."

I said, "If we sing the words to that hymn, we'd better mean what we are singing, as God may take us through a trial and we may have to surrender all to Him."

That is just a short story of being in the hospital for 16 days.



Recognized


Artwork is my own, done on the computer with an art program I have
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. patcelaw All rights reserved.
patcelaw has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.