General Non-Fiction posted August 31, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
an embarrassing story contest.

Humiliated

by Jackarrie



I was fourteen years of age, and working during my summer holidays from school, in a small firm that made souvenirs.  The variety of the work was great, from being a messenger girl, a fine painter, and many more interesting works.

I loved when sent out on deliveries; it was so enjoyable being on my bicycle.  This particular day with the boxes of souvenirs on the back of my bike I set off on my journey to deliver them to the shops.

Only about five minutes, down the busy road, the front wheel caught into the old tram tracks. Unable to turn the handle of my bike left or right, I fell into the back of a parked car face first.

I remember sitting on the road with a crowd of people standing around me asking me if I was OK.  I was dazed.   The feeling of my warm blood and the teeth all loose was weird to say the least.   The man in the car who was driving behind me brought me to the hospital. On the way, he kept repeating that he did not knock me down.   I was not able to reassure him as I was afraid to talk.

It took almost a year for my false teeth to be ready for me to wear. The dentist said my gums needed healing. I spent that time avoiding people as much as possible.

It was a happy day for me when they were eventually ready.   Hoorary now at last I can go to the local dance.

 Dressed up to the nines and heading for the local dancehall.  It was so exciting for me to be out socially at last.  One particular boy took a fancy to me and asked if I would like a lemonade drink. We were sitting chatting when this girl came over to us. She said in a loud voice. "Did you know that Mary has false teeth?" I was so embarrassed and furious,  just about to protest when my teeth came flying out of my mouth.  To my surprise, my reflexes were brilliant.  I caught them in mid-air and pushed them back into my mouth. So now my embarrassment turned to humiliation. They both laughed and laughed. She thought this was going to put him right off me, but she was wrong, we are now married fifty-one years.



 



Embarrassing But True contest entry


The photo was taken when I was 18 with my then boyfriend who is now my hubby.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Jackarrie All rights reserved.
Jackarrie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.