Romance Fiction posted August 30, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Love Breaks all boundaries

Romantic Story

by heavenempress


Aimee slowly patrolled the neighborhood on this Saturday night although it was not her favorite mode of time to work. She quickly became familiar with the neighborhood and she needed no more to depend on the sketched map for directions. She had something to boast of: for the past fifteen years, she had never failed to accomplish any task she had been assigned as a police officer. She subjectively viewed herself as an exceptional police officer when she skillfully managed to blend with neighborhood. The place she was entering now was silent and dark, with only a little distant-flickering light. She cautiously minded her speed as she followed the directions imprinted in her mind. She passed many silent streets and the prevailing night peace compensated the usual daylight pattern of crimes. She swiftly parked her Jeep near a Sports bar by the street corner. She expected to find very few people inside. Indeed she found the place almost empty with only a male figure engulfed in a magazine. By- passing the bartender, she moved towards the young, round- faced man hiding in a corner. She smiled to herself as she approached the strange figure; instead she ironically she put up a stern face upon reaching him. She noted the movement of the figure turning towards her and as she anticipated the man's unwelcoming attitude. She was wrong. The young, round-faced handsome man in his early thirties stood up, emerging from the deep recesses of darkness, he spoke softly, melting her heart away. A heart-warm smile struck her instantly as the electric lights glorified his handsome, friendly face. She found herself extending amiably a hand in response to his kind welcome. She felt a strong pull and she feared that her heart would rip her chest apart any moment. She sat down, a formal greeting followed, and his voice collapsed into a romantic whisper. At first, the words meaninglessly sailed on the surface of her adoring mind. In the following moments she froze, being amazed by the striking handsomeness that dominated the slender man. It struck her at the very core of her heart at once. She mumbled words as she spoke. A guilt sting apprehended her washed away thoughts and she slowly began to give in.
"Hie, thanks for coming, Travis is my name" he flashed his sparkling teeth which entirely matched his white shirt. Aimee's heart further melted.
"For weeks I have been looking forward to meeting you," she doubtfully responded but quickly added "my name is Aimee, I am with the Department........"
"No need to explain that, don't mind," he quickly interrupted in his soft --admiring voice. He directed her to a seat just in front of her but for a moment she stood rooted, amazed somehow with her strange reactions.
Aimee had never dated for more than two years since his last boyfriend betrayed her. She had turned down many dating requests from her male workmates. This night had surely taken her by surprise and the worst thing still was that she agreed to cover her friend's duty. She gracefully took the seat in a frenzy of confusion, not sure how to crack the real intention of the call.
" Mr. Travis I want to make myself clear why I am here" she said slowly, hesitantly and minding her words carefully, afraid to hurt the mood. She was about to say something when Travis pointed his finger in the air "I know everything but wait, first things first." He beckoned his hand to the waiter and immediately delicious dishes were served. Light moments were spiced with a Portuguese chicken and chips served by an ever smiling, kind and cheerful waitress, April.
The young handsome man clad in a formal long -sleeved white shirt which matched the white table cloth, and a pitch black slim-fit trousers. The band of teeth also gave a sparkling glory to the color white. The background music was tapping on their lingering thoughts, shoving little by little into the bowls of fancy passion. When their eyes met an invisible sweet current telepathed strongly between the two strangers. In a space of thirty minutes, they ate dinner, chatted, laughed and the candle- burning light on the table decorated the magic hovering over them. The chill wind was as supportive, whirl pooling the fresh fragrance from her body and blessing the perimeter within which they sat. A nice place indeed. She was tempted to be entirely framed within the confines of his romantic snare but she remembered that she had a duty to fulfill. They enjoyed for some time but Aimee attitude. She ought to watch from a distance but she indiscreetly became emotionally involved on first sight. She pleaded silently for God's protection and for his understanding too. They waited till the candle burned out and they were far into the night when suddenly Aimee urgently considered the purpose of her call. She had been asked for a favor by her workmate. It was upon her insisting that she had called to cover for her case. Ruth had been called for an emergency at home. How was she going to explain the situation now since she had turned it upside down. When one date a stranger. Moreover a murder suspect. She cursed herself for falling into a blind love so easily and suddenly. She had been a fool then. They descended the stairs in a catwalk style. They checked the west side shops where their eyes caressed the beautiful African attires displayed about. The whole mall was decorated with attractive displays. Reaching for the west side entrance of the seemingly most attractive museum, they entered. Walking side by side for the next thirty minutes they romantically admired and explored the magnificent museum which was strategically set. Travis was fascinated by Aimee stunning knowledge and excellent taste of most of displayed dried animal. As they got outside, they took photos of each other, explored the other side of museum where the rest of the animals where. Aimee's heart began to pound fast and her mind started to race. She had found the one she loved but she had to do her duty. The man was a suspect of murder. She never wanted to turn back her friend's request. If only they was a simpler way. As the two dialogued, her tears broke off and coursed down her cheek. Travis noted and with concern drew closer.
"Hey, what's wrong? Did I say anything hurtful?
She saw the genuineness and innocence in his eyes. She quickly turned her eyes away, mumbling softly in regret of what was to follow next.
"I am doing fine; it's only that I am touched by your caring"
She quickly wiped away her tears as there flooded her eyes. They stopped and faced each other. The fire of true love gathered in both eyes. Aimee with great difficulty inwardly mobilized the courage to face the truth of the matter. She sighed and avoiding locking her eyes with Travis, she spoke
"I appreciate all you have done today; you are a very lovable person." She paused and a wave of worry dawned on Travis.
"You should come with me". Aimee's phone vibrated, she checked the incoming message:
Ruth: thanks Buddy, the Bastard is behind bars
She could not believe it and she quickly noted how she mistakenly went into the wrong bar. The correct one was just opposite. Many questions arose within but there did not matter at this moment. She smiled and she let herself fall into the embrace of Travis. The day had turned out to be great and the beautiful chapter folded away painfully. No guarantee for next time. No clear future hint. She was glad and her heart rejoiced much. The experience was excellent.




Romantic story contest entry


Love makes a better world for everyone
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. heavenempress All rights reserved.
heavenempress has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.