Spiritual Fiction posted August 26, 2015 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 5 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Ryan meets the Guardian for the first time

A chapter in the book Glory Train

Eden Encounter

by Brett Matthew West

Finally managing to recompose himself after he had his real good cry Ryan manipulated the steel steps leading away from the Glory Train. It felt good to him to be back on solid ground once again.

He didn't know how long he had been on the train after it departed the Pearly Gates because on the train time meant nothing. Not that much of anything else did any more either.

Surveying the garden he was now transplanted in Ryan could not believe the natural scenic beauty he beheld. The more he explored his new home the more wonders he found including the clear water of the river that flowed through the middle of the garden.

He had no way of knowing its name but he imagined a nice swim would make him feel better. So, he did. Like a fish. Something he had never learned how to do while he was alive. But, he frolicked in the water until he was tired of playing.

After his little dip in the river Ryan felt how hungry he was. He could not remember the last time he had eaten anything. And, the vast assortment of fruit trees he discovered throughout the garden lured his attention. Which would he devour first? The pomegranates or the tasty apples?

So, he sampled several different ones. Then he came upon the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Still hungry, he picked one of the plumpest, juiciest looking pieces of fruit he could reach off the tree and was about to chomp down on it. It looked so tempting!

Earthbound, the Guardian and his Legion sped on. From his vantage point he watched Ryan pick the fruit off the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and raise it up to his mouth preparing to bite it. Were they too late?

Appearing alone in the clear blue sky David, in a voice loud enough to wake the dead, called out with urgency to the boy, "No Ryan! You must not eat that fruit! It is forbidden! Please, drop it!"

Startled by the booming voice he heard calling his name Ryan stood there in awe as he watched the being, whatever it was, appear to be walking right through the air. The fruit fell harmlessly to the ground out of his hand.

"Who are you?" the surprised boy wanted to know as he watched the creature touch down on the lush, green vegetation that covered the ground surrounding the various trees Ryan had been discovered in.

His robe was snow white. He wore leather sandals on his feet. His long blonde, wavy mane cascaded over his broad shoulders and down his back. And, Ryan seemed to be most focused on the gold wings he saw him wearing.

"I'm David," he was told.

Ryan took a step backward. He had never seen such a creature before. And, thinking he had to be hallucinating he asked in wonder, "Are you an angel?"

"Actually, I am a Guardian, Ryan," he was informed, then the being told him, "there are nine thousand, nine hundred, and ninety-nine angels with me".

In disbelief, because he did not see them, Ryan snickered and replied, "All I see is you."

The Guardian responded with, "Ryan, if all ten thousand of us had appeared to you at one time you would not have been able to handle what you saw."

"How do you know my name?" the boy asked him.

"Because we were sent here by The Maker to safely return you back to Paradise," the Guardian responded, then further explained to the attentive lad, "you belong to Him now. You are His little lost lamb. And, it is our responsibility to return you to Him immediately."

He gently reached out his hand in Ryan's direction and said, "So, take my hand, Ryan. We shall be on our way."

Ryan withdrew another step backwards away from the Guardian and stated, "I have already been there and was sent away. But, I'm not going back to where I lived. I'm not!"

"Trust me, Ryan," the Guardian remarked, "you never have to see that place again. And, where we are going you will never want to leave," then he added, "the Gate Opener should not have turned you away from the Pearly Gates in the first place."

Ryan stood there listening to what the Guardian was telling him.

"The Gate Opener made a very bad decision in telling you that you had to return to your old life," the Guardian continued, explaining, "he was instructed by The Maker to immediately take you to Him upon your arrival on the Glory Train."

"He told me I was seventy Earth years too soon," Ryan responded.

"A fateful error on his part," the Guardian quickly told the boy. He then said, "Ryan, your father murdered you and that changed your arrival time. However, The Maker was expecting you. Now, take my hand and lets be on our way."

Ryan withdrew another step away from the Guardian. David gave him a quick, passing glance as though he did not understand Ryan's actions.

"He also told me I had to do three good deeds before I could enter the gate," Ryan stated.

"Hear me loud and clear on this one, Ryan," the Guardian unhesitatingly replied, telling the boy, "there is no number of good deeds you could ever possibly do that would get you through the gate into Paradise," then he paused and said, "you are a chosen one. All you have to do is take my hand and we will safely return you back to where you belong." He held his hand out for the third time and said, "Come. Lets be on our way."

Ryan could hear the engine on the Glory Train starting. He screamed back at the Guardian, "No! I don't believe you! I don't believe anything you tell me is true! Leave me alone!"

The Glory Train began to ever so slowly pull away on its return trip back to Paradise and Ryan bolted for the train as fast as he could run. Never once did he look back at the creature he had been talking to. He knew he couldn't ride the train back to Paradise, and, he didn't know where he was going, but, he was going somewhere as fast as the train could get him there.

Downhearted, David watched him board the train and it race out of sight. Next to him appeared his second-in-command who placed a caring hand on his shoulder and said, "Do not be discouraged David. We have not failed in our mission. It has only begun."

Still, David was not very cheerful, "And, we shall not fail either, Reggie," he replied, saying, "all we can do now is await word on where we travel next."

"That is all we can do," the angel told him, "and, David, take heart. You followed your instructions well."

Quizzically, David looked back at him. For a moment he had forgotten and needed to be reminded.

The angel patted the Guardian's shoulder and explained, "You remembered The Maker telling you that you must not interfere with the running of the Glory Train in any way. And, you did not."

"I remembered," David replied as the train pulled out of sight.

"Now we wait for further instructions from The Maker," Reggie said once again.

"Now we wait," David solemnly agreed, repeating himself, "now we wait."





Ryan remains a very confused little lost lamb.

Where will his decision to not go with the Guardian lead him to next?






Thanks shiloh106 for the use of your picture. It goes so nicely with my little story.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.