General Fiction posted August 24, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A little variety. (5)

Story beginnings/No titles

by DALLAS01


One

Mike studied the scrawny teenager from behind the one-way mirror as she paced back and forth like a caged animal, licking the wounds beneath her blood-encrusted nails. It had been a couple of years since the rumors began, and Sarge stopped bringing the twins into the station.

Two

The wolves circled the Huntress in a counter-clockwise rotation as she twirled, whipping her black, tattered cape through the ashes in the opposite direction. She affixed her piercing gaze, drilling a hole in the pack's already weakened bravado. The perimeter was secured.

Three

Jonah fumbled around in his star-studded bag marked YOUR FUTURE for what seemed like an eternity. He decided he would dress in wrinkles for the final challenge, but his bag was empty.

Four

An invisible force dragged Jana into the mist. Beneath her tracks, leaves--bled crisp by the devil's breath--crackled a warning as visions of her Father's signature scribbled on the ancient papyrus were etched in her fear.

Five

It was 2:00 a.m. when the call came. Stunned, Jake pulled on a pair of jogging pants, hailed a taxi and headed for Mount Sinai where he was expected to make the final decision of whether or not to pull the plug on his grandfather-a man he had never met, a man ostracized by his family, and a man deported from his homeland.



Recognized


Only two or three sentences but because oft he way they fell around the art, they look like paragraphs.

Thanks to simonka for the artwork
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by simonka at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DALLAS01 All rights reserved.
DALLAS01 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.