Mystery and Crime Fiction posted August 22, 2015 Chapters: 1 -2- 3... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Is he a sell-out or what?

A chapter in the book Snippets

The Dick

by Brett Matthew West

I had been a Dick for more than twenty years and was tired of it. Recently, I had received a piece of mail that caught my fancy.

Every time the local Smucks could not find a missing person my phone rang. They knew I could. For the right amount of green any Joe Blow off the street could hire my services, as well.

Casually she strolled into my office, a briefcase in hand. She plopped it down on top of my dilapidated old wooden desk.

Quickly, I opened it. She told me how she did it, and why she waxed him, then said, "There's 500,000 reasons to bend your elbow." I knew she didn't want him found.

Without a word I stuffed the picture I had received in the mail into the card it came with and grabbed the loot.

The torch and I had a plane to catch.

(Word Count: 149)



150 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of any kind using no more than 150 words.

The story must include these words in it: torch, elbow, picture, plane, waxed.

A Word Count should also be included.

No other restrictions apply.


Several slang terms are written into this:

Dick = Private Eye or Private Investigator
fancy = attention
green = money
loot = cash
Joe Blow = citizen
waxed = murdered
torch = a smoking hot woman or dame
Smucks = Police








Thanks Curly Girly for the use of your picture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brett Matthew West All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Brett Matthew West has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.