Romance Fiction posted August 15, 2015 Chapters:  ...99 100 -102- 103... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Query Letter

A chapter in the book Savannah Love

Savannah Love

by barbara.wilkey




Background
Paige was raised in Boston and inherited an antebellum house. Cash was hired to restore the house to authenticity. South vs North as these two attempt to find love.
Dear ...

I feel I have the perfect novel, ready to go. Cash Wilkins is a hero who readers will believe in and will do anything to keep the heroine safe. Paige Swanson is a feisty likable heroine who the majority of women can relate to her. The plot is believable, with motivation, conflict, and filled with emotion. Therefore, I respectfully submit my completed and revised 78,836 word suspense romance novel, Savannah Love, for your consideration.

Savannah Love mixes contemporary, historical, suspense, and paranormal in a new way. The predominant aspect is contemporary that is set in Savannah, Georgia. The rich history of this Southern city intertwines throughout the novel.

Paige is an heiress from Massachusetts, who inherited an antebellum mansion in Savannah. As a child, she spent summers in this mansion with her aunt and uncle. She fondly remembers these carefree summers and the family folklore that surrounds this home. Already during her first day living there, Paige wonders if the ghost her aunt told her about was real.

In order to find the answer, Paige searches through the Bookman family journals and discovers that Bradley Bookman was killed during the Civil War at the exact same time his beloved wife Alice gives birth to their only child. The family believes Bradley attended this birth and has since remained in his home.

Cash was hired by Paige's aunt to restore the mansion to historical authenticity but ends up spending the majority of his time helping Paige discover who wants her evicted in order to get possession of the rumored treasure. Cash refuses to believe ghosts exist and attempts to find a logical answer for things that go bump in the night.

While Paige becomes accustomed to Southern ways, she discovers, with the help of Bradley's ghost and Cash, that the mansion does have underground tunnels in which the treasure is hidden. The treasure is found, and the bad guys end up in jail or dead. At the end of the novel, Bradley's ghost gives Cash the engagement ring his beloved Alice wore. This forces Cash to believe in ghosts. Cash uses this ring to propose to Paige, and she accepts.

I've been a member of Romance Writers of America since 2008 and have read many wonderful things about your Publishing Company. I also subscribe to Writer's Digest and have often browsed your website. Both have only confirmed what I've already read. My first novel, Two Tattered Hearts was published by G and J Publishers and can be found on Amazon.com in their Kindle store. I enjoy reading and writing all genres of romance. I believe Savannah Love has many of the qualities I love in a romance novel and that others would too.

Thank you for your time and attention. I look forward to hearing from you.



Recognized


Thank you for your help with my synopsis. I have written this query letter. The next publisher I am looking at requires both. I have rewritten the first chapter and am adding the part about Bradley being shot as Paige does her research. I think that works better. Thank you for all your help. Again, I can't promote this. I am sorry, but I do need help.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.