General Fiction posted August 3, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Off Korea's Coast 1953

Ditching

by Ulla

The DC-3 flew low over the choppy water heading towards the frigate in the distance.

Two pilots flying, and six Navy Officers sitting on the floor of the stripped out aircraft.

They all listened when the plane banked sharply to the right. The hissing noise, as from a gigantic cat, approached at speed, and the craft shuddered in agony.

The pilots struggled to hold the diving plane, never stopped shouting, "We're hit guys! Ditching! Brace for impact! Hold tight!"

They hit the water at a perfect angle.

All men were saved by the vessel.



War Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a War story in less than 100 words. Can be about anything dealing with war, even coming home from war. No other restrictions applied.

Recognized


100 words.
A true story that a dear friend told me. He served in the US Navy at the time of The Korean War, and he was on board the plane that day.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Ulla All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Ulla has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.