Horror and Thriller Fiction posted July 6, 2015 Chapters:  ...34 37 -39- 41... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
(read author notes last)

A chapter in the book Tiny Tales of Terror

In the Darkness

by dejohnsrld (Debbie)


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.























It was dark except for the blue glow of the television. Dena hadn’t heard the door open, but distinctly heard footsteps in the adjacent room. Terror gripped her, but she managed to open her eyes ever so slightly. Against a bit of light coming through the window was a silhouette, completely dressed in black.


Dena felt beside her pillow, but… no cell phone. She pulled the blanket over her head. If she didn’t see him, maybe he wouldn’t see her.


The footsteps came closer. A deep voice said her name.


As fear gripped her, flight or fight kicked in. Instinctively, her arm moved over to the nightstand. A skilled softball player, Dena stood up giving the hammer her hardest swing.


The first thing she noticed was the smell of blood. He screamed as he crumpled to the floor. She felt the warm, wet stickiness of blood on her face, hands, and arms.


He wasn’t moving. No, not at all. She turned on the light... that’s when she saw it, his badge.






Pleasant screams. He-he- he.  Hope you like it, Dean.



















 



Recognized


A true story up to the claw hammer. There really was a police officer wandering around my house looking for me. I don't know why he didn't use his flashlight. I apparently rolled over on my lifeline pendent. Since I didn't respond when they asked if I needed help, the police came to check on me. I was terrified. He's lucky I didn't have a claw hammer.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Multi-Author Book
Add Chapter
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. dejohnsrld (Debbie) All rights reserved.
dejohnsrld (Debbie) has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.