Biographical Non-Fiction posted June 26, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A young man inspires classmates.

Living your Faith

by danpald


The senior class gives a talk before all the others, about what is the most important thing in your life.

One young man rises to come before the class and reaches into his pocket. He pulls out a Rosary and begins to tell the class its meaning. The Mysteries of Jesus during His life and Ministry. From Incarnation to the Glory in Heaven, the Mysteries are prayed with the Bible prayers; The Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory be. There is only one other Catholic in the class and he is the one who drinks, swears and acts the most UN-Godly. This young man talks forcefully of what he believes and they see it comes from his heart.

The class graduates and this young man turns 18 on the Fourth of July. He is working at Water World in Branson. Twelve days after his birthday he worked building a new bank to be used for a water slide. After work he goes to Burger King and eats with some friends before driving home.

He drives home with care along the curves in the road. But there is a drunk driver that does not drive with care. He moves around a curve and a pick-up truck is there. The collision is hard and fast the truck rolls over the driver in the car. Death is quick and complete for this young man. The truck driver is not hurt and taken into custody.

The friends come out and look at the accident many crying. There are many things found in the car but the rosary is not there. The classmates cannot understand and begin to search around. When open on a telephone pole the Rosary was found. It was on display for all too see opened as a decoration. It is clear that this young man was praying when the truck hit him and the Rosary flew and impacted onto the pole. The bold testimony of Faith again given to his classmates.

There is a plate made upon this pole to commemorate the fact. That a Rosary was here to tell his classmates he is alive and free. On the feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel at 18 years and twelve days, this young man, my brother, showed his deep Faith, even in his death.



Faith writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story about faith.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. danpald All rights reserved.
danpald has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.