Horror and Thriller Flash Fiction posted June 24, 2015


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
100 word story

Hoping Hell Hath No Fury

by michaelcahill


Hell can't be worse ... can it?
The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.














 
The healing terrifies me more than the inflicting of the wounds. The healing reminds me of what is to come … the rats, starving and finding nothing to eat but my naked flesh. I never come close to death only wishing for it. Within an hour, there are enough wounds to satisfy my captor. Then, about a month to heal. Month after month.
 
I cheated on my wife. Yes, I'm a weak man. She knew of my fear of rats. She loved to remind me that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
 
Yep, I am hoping that is true.


 



Tiny Tales of Terror Contest contest entry

Recognized



One hundred words, hand count.

I always laugh when I hear that phrase, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Considering their "fury", I am hoping that is true for the poor souls who end up there. :)

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.