Commentary and Philosophy Fiction posted March 19, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A hunter lets the leopard live.

Let it Be.

by RichardFann


































'In the jungle we're surrounded by lots of nasty things,' said Geoff.

'But who was here first?' I asked.

'The animals,' he said, pouring a coffee for us out of a stainless steel flask.

'All those generations, back to prehistoric times,' I said.

'The lions, tigers, elephants and bears used to outnumber us humans,' Geoff said, 'and now it's the other way round.'

'That's what puzzles me,' I replied, 'So many people, and so much sin.'

'The wages of sin is death,' Geoff interrupted, 'but the human population is increasing. These animals are without sin, yet their population is decreasing.'

'Doesn't seem fair,' I said, taking a swig of coffee.

Just then Geoff reached for his rifle.

Then I saw it too, a leopard half hidden in the bushes, about fifty yards away. Geoff took aim.

I pushed out my arm and knocked the barrel of his rifle in the air.

'Let it be,' I said.

'What?' Geoff exclaimed, 'we're here to go hunting.'

'Let it go,' I said, reaching for my camera. 'We can get it on film. Then post it on You Tube. Then we are famous.'





Choose One Of The Following Titles writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Here we go again! This time the prompt is inspired by hits from The Beatles!

Choose one of the following titles.

Where does it take you?

Get writing: poem, fiction, essay, whatever you like!
200 words maximum word count.

Can't Buy Me Love
I Feel Fine
Yesterday
Paperback Writer
Eleanor Rigby
Hello, Goodbye
Come Together
The Long and Winding Road
Let it Be

The title of your work MUST be the title you chose from the list. (There shouldn't be any confusion in the booth for duplicate entries of title, as your name will be displayed alongside your entry.)

Artwork and author notes welcome.


192 words re Microsoft Word that I regard as more reliable re wordcount than FanStory.

Thanks a million to joyfulartist.

It's great to do creative stuff, and if it impresses you feel so joyful.

The text with the picture says 'wax put on a card with woodburning tool and hot gun.'

The title of the picture is 'Dinosaur in its cave.'

Perfect for the script. The prehistoric creature and the gun, that is not a bullet gun.


Thanks to Debra for organising this competition based on Beatles songs. I like the words to many of their songs.

Also Paul McCartney has had a book of poems published, and has also had his art work in an exhibition. Talented chap.

Thanks also to Debra for the Cat Stephens song titles competition.

That inspired me to extracted some words from one of his songs (Moon Shadow) for a drama script.

Also a hard-headed woman is a great character for a story. Don't you agree?

I have put my story above under the category Commentary and Philosophy as it's about saving animals, which has not always been a popular philosophy.

PS One thing I do not like is the text wrapped round the picture.

Also I would prefer the picture to be centred.

But I'm a rookie here, so maybe there is a way of formatting stuff as I prefer without messing about with loads of tabs at the top of the text.

Rant over.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. RichardFann All rights reserved.
RichardFann has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.