General Fiction posted March 19, 2015


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A piece of nonsense

Yesterday

by bob cullen

YESTERDAY, I followed ELEANOR RIGBY down THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD that leads to the ABBEY ROAD pub. Eleanor was with that PAPERBACK WRITER fellow.

After a couple of drinks, I FEEL FINE and I realise I have no choice but to LET IT BE, at least in the short term.

Your empty words of last week, 'I make your dreams COME TOGETHER,' still ring in my ears. It ponders the question. When is a HELLO, GOODBYE?

Guess I was the proverbial FOOL ON THE HILL expecting I could win your affection by lavishing ALL MY LOVING on you. Suppose it proves the old saying. MONEY CAN"T BUY ME LOVE.



Choose One Of The Following Titles writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Here we go again! This time the prompt is inspired by hits from The Beatles!

Choose one of the following titles.

Where does it take you?

Get writing: poem, fiction, essay, whatever you like!
200 words maximum word count.

Can't Buy Me Love
I Feel Fine
Yesterday
Paperback Writer
Eleanor Rigby
Hello, Goodbye
Come Together
The Long and Winding Road
Let it Be

The title of your work MUST be the title you chose from the list. (There shouldn't be any confusion in the booth for duplicate entries of title, as your name will be displayed alongside your entry.)

Artwork and author notes welcome.


I even added a couple of extras
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. bob cullen All rights reserved.
bob cullen has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.