General Fiction posted February 22, 2015 Chapters:  ...45 46 -47- 48... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Old poets & dogs know gratitude creates love

A chapter in the book From out of the Grayness

A Fable of old dogs and old Poets

by His Grayness


A FABLE OF OLD DOGS AND OLD POETS:
A somewhat unattractive young lady cried each day in the mirror, for she felt she would never find love. One day, her dog barked, at the image of a tired old man shuffling down the road by her home. She let the ruffled old dog loose, and he ran to the man and jumped up before him, to stop his journey. The young lady went to the old man and asked where he was going, and he replied that he was old and homeless and seeking a place to lie down to die. The young lady felt sorry for the old man, and asked him to come in to her home for a meal and some rest. The old man was a poet, and when reaching her home, asked for a paper and pen, which the young lady provided to him. He soon wrote her many poems, expressing his love and gratitude for her kindness. His words were so powerful and moving, that the young lady felt such deep love, and could not stop crying in gratitude. Each day he wrote her another poem of love and gratitude, and soon she began to appreciate herself, and began smiling in her mirror. Sadly, the old man finally died, then soon after, his lifelong companion, the old dog died also, but the old man left the young woman a book of poems so full of love and gratitude for his existence, that her life turned to joy and appreciation for her experience. She eventually found a lover, and lived happily ever after. The moral of this story is: The love and perspective of Old Dogs and Old Poets can change tears of sorrow to tears of joy!




Write a Modern Fable writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a short fable-like story where the last sentence starts with: "And the moral of the story is". This can be on any subject, true or fictional, and can be in any voice, as long as the moral is stated in the last line. A new twist on an old fable is also allowed.


This author believes that love proceeds from gratitude and that is known by old men as well as old dogs
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. His Grayness All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
His Grayness has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.