General Script posted February 18, 2015 Chapters:  ...11 12 -13- 14... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Let the games begin

A chapter in the book The secret to a Happy Marriage

Touchdown

by lancellot

Act 3
Scene 3

Setting: The airplane has landed in the Dominican Republic and has reached the Gate. Pam and Jen are still seated in Frist class. They are looking out the window at the bright sunlight and palm trees.

Flight Attendant (loud speaker): The Captain has turned off the seatbelt signs. On behalf of the flight crew, I thank you for flying with us and please have a wonderful stay in paradise. Oh, our newest Flight Attendant, Li Sung would like to give a special thanks to a young man who kept her steady during a bumpy ride. She is still smiling about his good deed.

Pam: Well, we’re here. Let’s hurry and take a cab to the resort. I want to check-in before the guys get there. Then we can decide what we’re going to do.

Jen: And get something to eat. That meal was terrible. For a thousand dollars they at least could have cooked the steak all the way through. I hope the Ritz-Carlton has a decent restaurant.

The old lady turns in her seat and faces Jen and Pam, as passengers begin to stand.

Old Lady: Oh, you’re staying at the Ritz too.  

Pam and Jen stand. They first look at each other and then at the smiling old lady.

Old Lady: I’m blind as a bat, that’s why they don’t let me drive any more, fortunately I can hear like the flying rats too. My name is Martha, and I already heard your names. You two don’t want to be seen by your fellas, so why don’t you ride with me? My driver should be outside.

Pam: Well, we really--

Jen: Okay. Do you need help with your bags?

Old Lady: Thank you, Jennifer, but all I have is my purse. It’s almost the size of a suitcase now. I swear as I get older, it gets bigger, or maybe I’m just shrinking.

Pam: You don’t have any luggage?

Old Lady: Oh, no need. I have my own condo at the Ritz, and all the clothes I need. Not that I wear much, with all the studs around. At my age, I don’t want to waste valuable lovin’ time taking off clothes.

Pam: Um… okay. Lead the way, Martha.

Pam and Jen both put on their wigs and sunglasses. They follow Martha out through the door.

Exit Pam, Jen, and Martha
Fade to black  

Lights brighten

Setting: Outside the airport at a Taxi stand, James, Ted, Robby wait for the next car to pull up. The sun is high and the guys are sweating.

Ted: Damn, it’s hot. I think we should’ve changed into shorts and T-shirts before we boarded.

James: Yeah, I forgot about that.  It should be cooler by the coast, and hopefully the cab will have A/C.

Robby: We don’t have to check into the hotel, do we?  It’s not like we’re actually staying there. I say we head to the villa. I’m all sticky from all that…um… bouncing around and stuff. I need a shower and maybe a nap before the fun begins.

A taxi pulls up. The trunk opens and the guys load their suitcases.

Ted: What do you mean, nap? Why are you all tired out?

Robby grins and looks back at the airport as Ted and James enter the taxi.

Robby (whispers): I think I’ll have to fly these friendly skies again. Who knew little women were so… energetic?

Robby enters the taxi and closes the door.

Robby: Do you think the girls will be there?

James: No; they’re supposed to come as a group tonight.

Ted: I think I’ll take a quick shower too, and then call Jen.

James: What?

Robby: He’s right. It would look weird if he doesn’t call to tell her we’ve landed. You should call too.

James sighs but nods.

Taxi driver: Where to, gentlemen?

James: Take us to 132 Vista Drive. We have the white villa at the end of the street, unit 5A.

Taxi driver: Yes, sir.

Car pulls off.
Fade to black
 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lancellot All rights reserved.
lancellot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.