General Script posted January 24, 2015 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Bad to the Bone

A chapter in the book The secret to a Happy Marriage

The Rules of the Game

by lancellot

Act 1
Scene 5
Setting: Lights open inside the living room of Robby’s apartment. He is fluffing pillows on the sofa and brushing off a small recliner next to it. He begins lighting candles for his date with Sabrina.

Robby lights the last candle on a coffee table and looks around the room. His hand is on his chin in a contemplative pose.

Robby: Hmm, something is not right. Oh, I know.

He stands behind the recliner and begins pushing it into a closet.

Robby (continues): That’s better. Robby’s rule number five. Always limit the options.

Robby goes to a drawer on a cabinet and pulls out a bottle of K-Y. He slides the bottle in between the cushions of the sofa.

Robby (continues): Rule number two. Mother Nature can always use a little help.

The buzzer sounds and Robby rushes to press the intercom.

Robby (continues): Is it a naked centerfold?

Voice from intercom: Rob-by…it’s me, Sabrina.

Robby (whispering): Rule number fourteen. All naked women are centerfolds.

Robby presses the unlock button on the intercom.

Robby: Come on up.

He cracks open his front door, and then runs back to the cabinet where he pulls out a condom. He rips open the package, turns his back to the audience and we hear him unzip his pants. His arms moves and then we hear his pants zip up. He spins back around and pats his groin.

Robby (continues): Rule number seven. Always be prepared for loving.

The door opens.

Enter Sabrina

Robby walks to her and leans in for a kiss. Sabrina turns her cheek to him at the last moment, and then steps back.

Robby: I did plan on kissing your cheeks tonight but not quite like that. What’s wrong?

Sabrina sighs, wrings her hands, and then walks towards the wall. She has her back turned to Robby.

Sabrina: Robby, I came over because I feel you deserve to hear this from me in person.

Robby (whispering): Oh, please don’t say you tested positive.

Sabrina not hearing him turns around and steps closer.

Sabrina: It’s John, he wants to give our marriage another try. I know we just got divorced, but I feel we owe it to our daughter to give it another chance. I’m sorry about last night. I was lonely and used you for sex. I swear that’s not like me. I’ve never done anything like that before. I’m so ashamed.

Robby stares at her in silence for a few seconds. He lowers his head and covers his face with his hands.

Sabrina rushes over to him and hugs him.

Sabrina: I didn’t mean to hurt you. I’m so sorry. I’ll do anything to make it up to you.

Still embracing they turn so Robby is facing the audience. He looks up and smiles as his hands slowly slide down her back towards her tight jeans.

Robby: Oh, Sabrina. I… I understand, and you are a wonderful person for putting your family before yourself. I have never met anyone like you. I’m glad I could make you happy, at least for one night. Sometimes, a night of giving affection can change a person’s life. I only wish… no it’s too much…

Robby releases her and turns away from her with his head lowered.

Sabrina: What? What do you wish?

Robby: I really shouldn’t ask. No… never mind, it’s wrong.

Sabrina steps close to him and with her finger, lifts his chin.

Sabrina: You can ask me anything. I owe you so much.

Robby: I want you to be happy, and if reuniting with John does that, then so be it. But you were married for five years and I’m sure you’ll spend a lot of time trying to rebuild what he destroyed. I don’t want us to end, but rather, a postponement for the sake of family.

He takes both her hands in his and gazes down into her eyes.

Robby (continues): My dear, let us not separate in sadness. Let us join in love and happiness for what may be, but hopefully not, our last night together.

He leans down and kisses her. They embrace and kiss each other with passion.

Sabrina: Okay, just let me freshen up.

She kicks off her heels and then saunters towards the bathroom while taking off her blouse.

Exit Sabrina

Robby: Rule number three. Once you’ve accepted you’re going to hell, nothing else matters.

He starts to undress and walks toward the bathroom.

(Fades to dark)
(Curtain falls)
End of Act 1
 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lancellot All rights reserved.
lancellot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.