General Poetry posted December 6, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
...let them find your happiness

Dolphins

by tfawcus

I am filled with darkness,
the blinding dark of thought
that illuminates nothing
as I walk in the shadows,
looking in, instead of looking out,
for I am drawn to the depths of my being
and like to drown in them,

dragged into crystal caves
where Neptune reigns
in a futile pool of tears,
yearning for Salacia.
It is a choice...
We could just as easily disport with dolphins.



Recognized


Wikipedia: Neptune, the Roman god of the sea, wanted to marry Salacia but she was in great awe of her distinguished suitor, and to preserve her virginity, with grace and celerity she managed to glide out of his sight, and hid from him in the Atlantic Ocean. The grieving Neptune sent a dolphin to look for her and persuade the fair nymph to come back and share his throne. Salacia agreed to marry Neptune and the King of the Deep was so overjoyed at these good tidings that the dolphin was awarded a place in the heavens, where he now forms a well-known constellation Delphinus.

In Greek mythology they were known respectively as Poseidon and Amphitrite, so, with permission, I have used avmurray's fine mixed media composition, "Amphitrite, the Wife of Poseidon" as the illustration for my poem.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by avmurray at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tfawcus All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
tfawcus has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.