Horror and Thriller Fiction posted November 19, 2014 Chapters: 3 4 -5- 6... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
145 word contest entry

A chapter in the book Tiny Terrors

The Tell-Tale Bart

by Dean Kuch





















The Tell-Tale Bart

 

Can't they hear it? They must; the incessant mewling is maddening. I should have killed that damned beast and buried it in the basement alongside her.

 

Bart — she named that infernal feline, Bart.


Now, just where has the horrid beast run off to?

 

Those sounds...they seem to be coming from... no, it can't be! Strange noises, coming from underground, her father said...beneath the flooring of the basement.

 

But... the dead make no sound.

 

The police? Why have they come; who summoned them here?

 

Her father...he's called them!

 

Digging — they're all digging now. They'll find her, and when they do, they'll know.

 

Nuh–no...it's impossible, it simply can't be! I checked everything carefully before tossing her into the grave...

 

Evildoers!” I cried, “dig no more! I'll admit what I've done –– here...dig here!

...It is the bleating of her hideous Bart!”




C'mon Baby...Let's Do the Twist. writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a horror/thriller story, featuring any topic you wish, which incorporates a twist at the end.

Your entry must be between 100-150 words.

Artwork is permitted

Have fun, and good luck!

Recognized


*145 Words

My apologies to one of history's most adept spinners of horror yarns and dark poetry, the great Edgar Allan Poe...

As always, thanks so much for bleating...er, ha-hah -- I mean reading!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Dean Kuch All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Dean Kuch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.