General Fiction posted October 17, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
amazing how a couple of years can change our perspective

When Boys Became Men

by Deniz22


1942
Dark thoughts reared like wild horses in fourteen year old Billy's mind. "I'm going to kill him, even if he is my brother. Soon as I grow up, I'm going to kill him. He's bullied me all my life, just 'cause he's five years older. He can't get away with it."

1944
His thoughts were calm now, and orderly, as he spoke slowly, "Thank you all for coming. My brother was always my hero. He died bravely for our country, the United States of America. Now he's one of your heroes too. I'm proud to share him with you."



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.


My Word program shows exactly 100 words, so I'm going with that...this one on FS never seems to be accurate.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Deniz22 All rights reserved.
Deniz22 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.