Commentary and Philosophy Poetry posted October 10, 2014


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My first slam poem i ever wrote and its about aborion.

The Silent Army.

by blackpierce



Here they come! A grand army marching silently, grudgingly, on and on. Full of seemingly limitless potential in performing arts, athletics, politics, robotics, you name it! Their numbers always increasing at the rate of over a million per year, increasing exponentially. Too hard to imagine the impact they'll have on our planet, from their inventions, their leadership, their cures...especially hard to imagine...seeing that this entire army. Of nearly 53 million. Was never even born....yes, a very touchy subject but let's be real. Murder, yes I use the word murder not abortion for stealing one's life doesn't become legal if we can't "see" the victim. Yes murder doesn't make up for faulty decisions as a teen, It doesn't make up for a man bailing on his girl! And. It doesn't even make up for rape...for we all know the saying, two wrongs never make a right...I was watching TV the other day and a political ad popped up. A woman was up claiming to keep all abortion laws legal, she just wants her daughter to have the same rights That she had. Absurd. How can you expect your daughter to have that freedom of choice if they can't even decide if they want to live. You want your daughter to have the same rights as you? Then we'll have someone who considers you a burden decide wether you live or die And we will all sit back and watch. Doing absolutely nothing As you get wiped away. It may sound cruel. In fact it is a little. A single mother having to drop out of school to raise a child is no win. So why do we use murder, to cover up for the The selfish deeds. The carelessness...the rape. Stop blaming the child, stop punishing the unborn seemingly only untainted substance left to be found! Stop sacrificing these innocent babies for crimes they didn't commit. For unlike Jesus, there is no happy ending for these martyrs. So March away. Scream your battle cries. Itll do know good. Your momma can't hear you now.



5-7-5 Poetry Contest contest entry


Im not trying to hate on anyone who has an abortion, I truly understand why that decision is chosen. It has just become too accepted in our culture.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. blackpierce All rights reserved.
blackpierce has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.