General Non-Fiction posted September 3, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Remembering a lifetime of His presence

Dear Father

by LoannaLois

Dear God, Contest Winner 

Dear Father,

It's getting late, and I am getting sleepy, but for some reason I am compelled to touch base with You.

I was thinking about our friendship and the moments when I have leaned on You. Do You remember my very first prayer? Amazingly, I do.I was about five years old and had rolled down the basement stairs with my teddy bear-in-her-red-dress. I couldn't move when I reached the cement, and I was scared because Mom was next door. I asked for Your help, and You were there. Eventually, I regained my mobility completely.

When my nightmares of being abused continued throughout my childhood, I asked for your help, and You were there. My trust in You began then, when no one knew but You.

When I was drowning in Bilfry Lake, You were there. You sent Paul to be Your arms to pull me from the water.

When I was followed by a recently released criminal,and Mother, Dad and I were threatened with his gun, I called for You. You sent help. Dad was able to get the police's attention by blinking his bright lights over and over.

So many times I have needed You to help with a precious mentally challenged daughter. You came. When the same daughter married a convicted felon in the prison yard...with none of us knowing, You were there. Then, months later, when he threatened to kill all of us, You saved us.

You and I have weathered many storms. You have helped me in times of sickness and death. You have held me in Your loving arms when I no longer knew love. You have answered prayers that I didn't have to pray for my loved ones.

You have blessed me with a family I adore, friends I treasure, a church that I call home, and gifts beyond measure.

Now that I am in the latter years of my life, I ask only Your constant presence. For whatever I need, whatever problems might develop, Your hand will hold me steady.

I ask for Your loving help because I know You will be here...as always. Amen


Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do.

Prose only.

Dear God,
Contest Winner

Recognized


I sent this on to Him
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. LoannaLois All rights reserved.
LoannaLois has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.