Mystery and Crime Fiction posted August 28, 2014 Chapters:  ...44 45 -46- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The children are all safe.

A chapter in the book Bel Air: A Bard's Guide

All's Well That Ends Well

by michaelcahill




Background
The Bard and detectives Tenaya and Lucy track down kidnapped children from California to Utah. Big bucks involved and lots of danger. The Bard may be crazy, but he is the man for the job.
Previously, the Bard captured Barry. The kids were all safe and playing when the FBI and backup troops arrived. We pick up the story now as the children are about to attack Lucy who is pretending to be a wrestling diva. The danger has passed and everyone is finally safe. It is time to celebrate.


The kids all jumped up and on Lucy finding her harder than they expected to take down. With the Bard's help, down she went. Harpster, several FBI agents along with a good number of United States Marines came upon that scene.
 
Barry protested his innocence and kept talking as they placed him in custody. Petticoat was speechless. Lincoln borrowed a phone to tell his daughter that he had her kids with him and they would be coming home that day.
 

~~~~~~~The abandoned school
 

Construction had been underway at the abandoned school that had once been a prison to Angela and dozens of kidnapped children. The dream of turning it into a center of learning and housing for homeless children was well underway. Junior agreed to call it, "Angela's Family". There were many things that his daughter wanted that Junior was determined to get her. Most of them involved his attention, which he gave freely.
 
The small church that stood adjacent to the school became instrumental in acquiring licensing to officially designate the school an orphanage. The church's sponsorship came with a caring pastor named John Singer. He had lost his wife and children while living in Oklahoma to a tornado. The chance to work with and help children put a light in his eyes that had not been there in many a year. His small staff was excited to be a part of the new project and the church became a natural focal point of it. The small congregation showed growth already and made for an ideal community gathering spot to get people involved. The dusty road that was seldom used would soon need paving.
 
Ruby and Diamond held fundraisers and awareness of the school spread through the entertainment industry. Blackwell Publishing had no shortage of star power to fuel publicity.
 

~~~~~~~Las Vegas Community Hospital
 

The normally quiet Las Vegas Community Hospital, locally called, "The Broke Gambler's Hotel", had looked like a hospital in a war zone since Winston had arrived. The staff had become to gamblers down on their luck feigning illness to get a meal and a warm bed for a night or two. Even the administrative arm of the hospital considered it part of the service to the community. After all, desperate penniless gamblers weren't good for business roaming the streets, much better to give them a check-up and a room for the night.
 
Winston's penchant for escape and his connection to para military organizations drew a military presence as well as the FBI contingent that already guarded him. No one intended to let him escape again.
 
Today he would be transferred to permanent housing in a federal prison awaiting various civil and criminal trials. The charges against him came with penalties amounting to millions of dollars and thousands of years in jail. That is IF he managed to escape the death penalty.
 
The transfer had its problems. There were attempts to free him. But, this time preparations were made well in advance and efforts thwarted resulting in additional arrests.
 
Winston limped to the police van surrounded by agents. A group of reporters shouted out questions. Winston spoke addressing no question in particular. It was more of a statement. "These charges against me are all completely false. Welcome to a country that no longer believes in the rights of the individual. Welcome to a country that has turned its back on its own constitution. Rest assured, you have not heard the last from me. God Bless America!"
 

~~~~~~~The Blackwell Mansion
 

Lilith had regained some control of the Blackwell estate, at least the part of it that she could legally claim as her own. But, she also found out that she had signed away most of her rights of ownership to Blackwell Publishing and its subsidiaries. She had plans to sue anybody she could think of, but her lawyer knew that her chances resided between none and non-existent.
 

~~~~~~~~The eighth floor of Caesar's Palace
 

The suite on the eighth floor had a different atmosphere then it did for the previous week. Angela ran around the room with Priscilla and Charlotte. Kidnapping had slipped everyone's mind for the time being.
 
"Grandpa. Are all the orphans going to live at the new school?" Angela had a different question in mind, but she had the Blackwell skill of cleverness.
 
"Yes, honey. All the kids from the school and the compound are going to be at the school. The children rescued at sea are going to be there too. Any of the children that don't have homes to go to will have a home at the school."
 
"Oh Grandpa. You know what I want to know. Priscilla and Charlotte. What about them?"
 
Junior walked over. He had been listening. He kneeled down to talk to his daughter. "We'll, sweetheart, like your grandpa said, all the kids that don't have homes will be at the school. Priscilla and Charlotte have a home to go to."
 
"What do you mean, Daddy? Their mom died in the hills. They don't have anyone. They need the school too. You can't just send them to some distant relative that doesn't even know them. How will I ever see…? "
 
Junior smiled. "Sweetheart, you'll be able to see them all the time. They'll be living in Beverly Hills with a man and his daughter."
 
Angela started to protest and then it hit her. "Oh Daddy! You're the best." She put her arms around the two girls, "see, I told you, he's the best. We're sisters now, for real."
 
They resumed running around threatening to destroy the room, but somehow the room still stood.
 
The Bard stood up. "I want to live with my sisters too! Oh please, Grandpa tell dad. Tell him it's okay."
 
Lucy laughed, "I was going to marry him, but if he'd rather play dollies with the little girls, I'll understand".
 
The Bard dropped to the floor and hid behind the couch. He snuck up behind Lucy with his butt sticking up above the couch the whole time. He sang,
 
"I don't really want to move in with Junior and play with little dollies when I have the chance to marry Lucy who is a very hot and attractive woman who thinks that I am cute and wants to marry me and stuff."
 
Harpster leapt to his feet. "Ruby, let's get to the studio. He's written another damn hit!"
 
THE END
 
 
 
Birthin' A Bard
 
Look for it in your bookstores where fine literature is sold. Hahaha. Made you look! A prequel to the two Bard stories is underway. Where did he come from, what happened to cause his current mental state? Touches on his childhood. Focuses on his military service especially his undercover work with special ops. How did he end up in a mental hospital? How did he come to be called the Bard? This is in the planning stages. I don't know when I will start it. I'll probably do something else first. Thank you for all your help and support with the two Bard stories. I couldn't have done them without you.




 




I couldn't write anymore. Hahaha. There may be things to add in edit. I have two books to edit now. A lot of work. If I've left anything untied or unfinished let me know. Any suggestions as to what to do with all of this will fall on wide open ears. Your help has kept me going. I never could've finished this without your help and I appreciate it more than you can know. I have all of the reviews copied to word, so I do read and cherish them even though I am terrible at answering them. Thank you so much. mikey
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.