Romance Poetry posted August 21, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Romance-Double Acrostic Contest Entry

Pure Fidelity-Without Trust

by michaelcahill

Romance Contest Winner 



Pure Fidelity-Without Trust


 
 
please believe me…                            why should I?
understand my commitment…            don't believe you
respect me at least…                           though I don't trust you?
every breath for you…                         has he called lately?
feel what I feel…                                  oh, if it were only me…
I have no other…                                 upset for nothing then?
destruction is your doing…                 then you are blameless?
excuses for yourself?                            turning the spotlight on me, are you?
love has been for only you…                repeated too often…Why?
I can't convince you?                           unless you confess
there is no confession…                       so you refuse to admit it
yes. there is nothing to admit…           then it is goodbye.
 
 


 


Writing Prompt
Poetry and love have been synonymous since poetry was first invented. Your acrostic poem should relate to this subject. An acrostic is a poem which spells out a word or idea. Sometimes what it spells out is the the title of the poem itself. Usually the first letter of each line spells out this key word.

Romance
Contest Winner

Recognized


All the love and fidelity in the world cannot overcome a jealous and insecure partner. They cannot accept that they have married someone that loves them and is faithful. They accuse falsely and mistrust and ultimately destroy the love that once existed. It is not the fault of the partner that is being accused. It just feels like it is. Very sad.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.