Mystery and Crime Fiction posted August 14, 2014 Chapters:  ...36 37 -38- 39... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The Bard enters the prison and all hell breaks loose.

A chapter in the book Bel Air: A Bard's Guide

Bard Imprisoned & Children Found

by michaelcahill




Background
A para military compound has dozens of children imprisoned for trafficking. The Bard is trying to rescue them. He is a homeless, mentally ill, poet. The man for the job.
Previously, the Bard made a scene and forced the issue of the three of them being noticed. It worked. The three of them were surrounded by interested onlookers and soon they were on their way to put the Bard in lock up. Their plan was underway. We continue now as the Bard, Lucy and Tenaya are escorted by Fluffy up to the prisoner's quarters.



~~~~~~the prisoner's quarter's
 

Fluffy arrived with the Bard, Lucy and Tenaya in tow and called out the signal to the guards. This time she escorted the entourage past the stand of trees and up to the guards in front of the large green doors herself.
 
I've got to see this for myself. I don't like kids being locked up. Nope… don't like that at all. "These ladies are dropping this prisoner off for detention. Sgt. Petticoat asked me to inform Corporal Volkov that he will personally interrogate this prisoner, himself."
 
"Very well. Enter."
 
The guard opened the green metal doors and the four of them entered.
 
"Lucy! Lucy! Over here. Hey, Lucy!"
 
Fluffy looked down the dark row of cells to see where the shouting emanated from. She walked towards the sound. "Best put a sock in that noise, mister." She arrived at Lincoln's cell. "What the hell is all this clap-trap? Why you callin' my girl's name there? How the hell you know my girl?"
 
Lincoln grew silent and pondered his next move. "Lucy's my granddaughter. She's being held here somewhere. I don't know any of you kidnappers and child abusing bastards. I'm just trying to hear my granddaughter's voice."
 
"Listen, whoever you are… "
 
"Lincoln."
 
"Yeah, Lincoln, whatever. My advice to you, Lincoln is to collect your logs and curl up in the corner and keep your thoughts to yourself. There's no kidnappin', traffickin' or any other in' goin' on here. We're shippin' these refugee's out to better quarters startin' today. Now you stow it." Fluffy sounded military and authoritative, but the look on her face was deep concern.
 
Corporal Kolov sauntered up and began eyeing the Bard. The Bard winked and puckered his lips and made a kissing sound.
 
"What is dis crapola. You want playtime? I, Kolov, have many games. My Russian ass you'll kiss."
 
"Oh, Kolov, you kidder. First, I'd have to pry that giant square head of yours out of it.

 
Ah, Siberia the most desolate of desolate locales
would that my soul could be buried deep there
hidden from loves cloying demands for tears
 
when tears are liquid
they fall and splash
sympathetically
 
it is drama I seek
each
frozen
tear
a missile that
crashes

 a crystalline monument
of intricate
beauty
forms
 
come to the land of never found
and swoon at the glory
of pure misery's
monument"
 

"What in hell is this crazy man doing here? Put him in the room. I will answer him questions. Put him in. Hook up the machine. Smile at that funny man."
 
Fluffy stepped up. "Sgt. Petticoat asked me to inform you that he will be conducting the interrogation himself, sir."
 
"He'd best quickly be then. There may be nothing left to interrogate soon."
 
The Bard started laughing. "Do you really think I'm afraid of a bed-wetter like you? Mr. Gorbachev, tear down his balls! Why don't you take me one on one, Anastasia? I'm not one of those little kids you've been abusing and selling to the highest bidder. How 'bout it there, Miss Fluffy, that what your about, child abuse and trafficking. You strike me as a fight for justice type gal. I don't know about these other two chicks, or these two boneheads here, but I know you ain't down for hurtin' innocent kids. Am I right?"
 
"Yeah. You're damn right about that. You sound like a crazy fool to me. But, that you got right." Fluffy looked Kolov in the eye. There was no fear when she told him, "Show me these kids everybody's talking about."
 
Kolov seemed a little taken aback by the situation, but he regained himself quickly. "I don't think I care for your tones, Private Fliff. I don't take order from private. Kids are orphan. Orphan from war zone. Rescue by Commander Blackwell. Not abuse… rescue. Now, put prisoner in cell."
 
"Bard. That's you! I'd recognize that crazy shit anywhere. Bard, it's me, Lincoln. Tell her. They got my grandkids. They ain't from no war zone. Tell her."
 
"That's Blackwell's butler. What the hell is he doing here, Kolov? Tell her that Beverly Hills is a war zone. Fluffy, they have his grandkids. They're from Beverly Hills. Show her while I'm still allowing you to live."
 
"Shut up idiot. You're nothing. What can you do in handcuffs? This is American deception. Put him in cell unless you want to join him."
 
"American deception? Screw you, you Russian communist square-headed sadist. I'd like to see you put me in a cell." Fluffy lowered her AK-47 at Kolov's chest. The two guards stood there frozen. Lucy and Tenaya were at the ready if they made a move. Fluffy continued, "Take me to the kids or I'll lock your ass up and find them myself."
 
"Are you four idiots going to stand there and allow? You will all end up in cell."
 
The two guards looked perplexed. Duty told them to intervene for the officer with superior rank. But, like Fluffy, they weren't in support of child trafficking or anything like that. Winston had kept that part of his operation very secret.
 
Tenaya spoke, "Sir, I don't think we want this to get out of hand. If what you are saying is true, then we can resolve this quickly by a quick inspection of the children's facilities. Then when we're satisfied appropriate action can be implemented."
 
Kolov could see that he wasn't going to get back up. He decided to bide his time. He could take care of every single one of these traitors later. "Very well, I will show her kids. We are all on the same team. But, must be discipline to come from this." Kolov began walking towards the back of the facility past Lincoln's cell and past the silver mine that all three of the detectives made note of.
 
Lucy whispered to Lincoln as they passed his cell, "we're here to rescue. We may need your help."
 
Lincoln nodded and whispered back, "I can't wait."
 
Lucy whispered to Tenaya, "If Fluffy here flips to our side; this is the time, agreed?" Tenaya nodded in the affirmative and passed the message on to the Bard. No one, not even Lucy and Tenaya, knew that the Bard had already slipped out of his handcuffs. He wouldn't tell even his closest friends how he did it.
 
The children's facilities were shocking. The children looked to be sickly and the smell defied belief. Fluffy gasped. The two guards recoiled from the sight and the smell of the place. They had never been back here. They let people in and out of the green doors. They let food through the doors and into the back. That was all they knew.




Fluffy pointed her weapon at Kolov with shaky hands. Kolov could see that he would have to make a move or he would soon be in a precarious position. He sprung forward knocking Fluffy's weapon to the side. He whipped his elbow into the side of her head dazing her. Her weapon clattered to the floor as she stumbled backwards.
 
Tenaya yelled out as the two guards raised their weapons, "NO! Don't fire. You'll hit the children. Don't fire!"
 
Fluffy landed a blow to the side of Kolov's head but in her dazed state, it didn't have the normal force she usually applied. Kolov answered with a shot to her liver, which incapacitated her. She fell to the ground. Clearly angered he approached the Bard whom he believed to be handcuffed.
 
Kolov screamed as he threw a right hand at the Bard's head, "You Bastard, mock me? I smash you!"
 
The Bard, with a huge smile on his face grabbed Kolov's wrist as it rocketed towards his head and bent it upward breaking it. The sound was louder than what one would imagine. "OOOHHH! I hate when that happens." The Bard jumped back as Kolov hit the ground falling from his own momentum.
 
Kolov yelled out. "Bastard! I kill you."





 




Getting a little closer to a conclusion now. Thank you so much for all your help. Am I forgetting anything? Still listening as always to any input, suggestions or critiques!
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.