Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted August 10, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Taking Charge

Essay on responsibility

by Cogitator


There is nothing we behold that exists anywhere but in our own mind. Our physical sensations are interpreted by the brain as images that call for our attention. There is no "Out There." What we "see" is the reflection of what we can understand while in our human form. We are always looking at a mirror.

That mirror also contains the Collective Consciousness. If we do not seek to find more meaning in that consciousness, we will remain as ignorant as we now are. It is our responsibility to grow our understanding. No one else can do it for us; no one else can judge us; no one else is responsible for what we do.

In that Collective Consciousness, there are many other thoughts than the ones we create. Some are true, some are partially true, and others are downright lies. If we want to clear our mind to "see" more truth, we must take responsibility to remove lies and clarify partial truths. Truth doesn't care whether or not we humans can recognize it. It just is. Each one of us is responsible for the amount of truth we can perceive.

Much of that Collective Consciousness contains traditions, superstitions, and thoughts that may have served a purpose in the past but no longer apply to a literate society. When we shun responsibility and hand our freedom to politicians, corporations or religions, we should admit we are relinquishing our own consciousness. They, of course, are more than willing to use us to create a better life for themselves. It is only by waking up and paying attention to the contents of our mirror that we can be free again.

In truth, nothing is unnatural. The Supernatural, miracles, fantasies and the like do not exist in truth. Those events that we assign to those categories are simply misunderstood or not understood at all. They may be fun to watch on television and the movie houses, but they only represent mental pap and useless escapism.

We have so many distractions in today's society that it is difficult to focus on our mirror. We're just "too busy." Busy doing what? Primarily being wage slaves to "The System." In truth, there is no such thing as money, but the great majority of people live their lives based on the idea that money exists. Money is a representation of human effort. Behind each dollar, there is a person's effort. Without the paper symbol, the effort would bypass the middlemen -- corporations, governments and religions.

Taming a group of people to perform service for the ruling class is not difficult anymore. The surveillance and communication systems in place are not there for the average person. They exist to maintain control and protect those who rule. Controlling minds to believe things that cannot be true by using propaganda, repetition, and distraction works very well. The ruling class knows that "divide and conquer" is the best method to confuse ignorant minds. That is the reason to classify secrets as Confidential, Secret and Top Secret. Have we ever heard of a "good" secret?

The Herd Instinct is alive and well in the population. The question we must answer for ourselves is "Which herd do I want to live with?" The mirror contains many herds. We are responsible for our herds' conduct and resulting effect on the vision we adopt. To see change in the world for the betterment of all life, not just human beings, we must take action within ourselves to make it so.




One chapter
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Cogitator All rights reserved.
Cogitator has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.