Mystery and Crime Fiction posted August 5, 2014 Chapters:  ...30 31 -32- 33... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Junior finally reunites with his rescued daughter.

A chapter in the book Bel Air: A Bard's Guide

Junior and Angela Reunite

by michaelcahill




Background
The kidnapping of a Music baron's granddaughter was the main focus to begin with, but it turned up dozens of stolen children in need of rescue. The Bard, a mentally ill, homeless poet is on the job.
Chapter 31 is still posted and paying. Due to my computer and internet crash, everyone missed it. I'll give a brief synopsis of it for those that don't have time to go back for it. I also lost about seven chapters that I had finished. So, I'm trying to get back into the story and remember what is and is not actually written down.


 
Previously, Barry heard the shots that led to the rescue of Angela, Charlotte and Priscilla and managed to escape in Lucy's car. He also shot out the tires of the other vehicles in the process stranding the detectives at the house. Lucy's phone was in the car so the Bard called it and conned Barry into believing that the car itself had a GPS device installed. Actually, it was Lucy's phone that was trackable. Barry abandoned Lucy's car which had a huge arsenal of weapons in the trunk. Shortly after, Barry hi-jacked a young woman in a station wagon, but released her down the road when the Bard pretended to be defeated and without a clue as to where Barry was. The chapter ends with Junior on his way to be re-united with his daughter. We continue the story now with the reunion and a proposal from Junior regarding the two orphans and the rescued kids. This will be a short chapter just to get us all back in the mood!



To his credit, Junior wasn't waiting for his daughter to be delivered to him. He was driving straight to her. His phone rang as he paused outside of a large overgrowth of trees with what looked like a possible driveway going through it. "Yes. Blackwell. Oh, hello detective. Actually, I think I'm nearby, there's all these trees and a pathway… it is? Okay. I'll be right there. Don't tell her. Yes. A surprise."
 
~~~~~~~
 
"I'm her father; now get out of my way!" Junior shoved past he officer blocking his way. "Angela!"
 
Angela rushed to her father and jumped into his arms. She hadn't acted like a young girl in a very long time. "Oh, Daddy! I knew you'd come for me. Where's Mom? Well, you're here. I got that bitch, Dad. They helped. They filled that bitch full of lead. Oh… I need your help… right away, Dad. There trying to send my friends to jail, Dad. They're orphans. They need us! Please, you have to talk to this lady."
 
"Okay. Okay. Now, hold on. What friends? Who… "Angela had a hold of his arm dragging him to the kitchen.
 
"Mrs. Bleaker, this is my dad, Mr. Blackwell. He can take them home with us. Tell her, Dad. These are my friends, Priscilla and Charlotte, we almost died together. We're like sisters. You can't let them go to jail. They didn't do anything."
 
Junior extended his hand to a weary but smiling Mrs. Bleaker. "Pleased to meet you. It appears we have something to discuss. You girls go play now and let us talk."
 
The girls ran cackling into the living room oblivious to investigations and chaos. Before long, they had the Bard engaged in a serious game of go fish.
 
"Do I have any threes? Interesting… You could have asked for sevens. You could have asked for Jacks. You could have asked for a burger and fries with a medium diet Pepsi. But, no… you asked for threes. It is as though you knew something in advance. It is as though you and your fellow agents here have listening devices and cameras all over the room… Yes, that's it, isn't it? A conspiracy.
 
will he get to triumphantly say, "Go fish!"
will the powers that be grant his wish?
or are these masters of crime
just biding their time
while this fool leaves threes in the dish!"
 
With that, the Bard laid down two "threes", hung his head, and started weeping. The three girls squealed with delight. They found nothing strange about their new playmate. They just found him fun.
 
The conversation in the kitchen grew quite serious. Mrs. Bleaker found an energy in herself that had been dormant for a long time. Junior found an energy that he had never used before. A rejuvenated woman spoke with a changed man. Angela glanced occasionally into the kitchen and for once along with love; she felt a sense of pride. Her father stood up for her two friends and became a man that she would like to emulate. She wanted to be Daddy's little girl.
 
"Money is not a problem. My Grandfather and I have been discussing this. We'd like to take that school that has been the center of so much abuse and turn it into a center of hope. We have the children that are here, rescued now and we also have quite a few children with uncertain futures that we hope to rescue soon. I'm afraid that most of them have nowhere to go. What about a school that will teach them everything they need to know and everything they want to know. That's what we envision." Junior couldn't hide his genuine excitement.
 
Mrs. Bleaker couldn't hide hers either. "I'm so used to hopelessness and make do circumstances that I can scarcely believe that this is becoming possible. There are legalities, of course. But, I know how to work them. I simply seldom get the opportunity. We can make this work. I have friends in the system that will be thrilled to help. You sign these papers here that will give you temporary custodial responsibility for Charlotte and Priscilla. Then, we will take it from there."



 




Sorry this has fallen off the map. Too many disasters to list. Starting off with this short chapter to get our feet wet. I'm behind in every aspect of Fanstory, so I'll try and get to regular posting of chapters right away. I had several written but they were erased. Good times. Thanks for your patience.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. michaelcahill All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
michaelcahill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.