General Fiction posted July 29, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The Conclusion part 5 of 5

The Exchange part 5

by lancellot


“Trina.” Kianna walked up to her and placed a caring hand on her shoulder. “Are you sure about pressing charges? He is your baby…” She stopped and stared into Trina’s eyes. “Okay, you go home, and take tomorrow off too. I’ll call you tomorrow. You do have your cell phone, right?””
Julia patted her pocket and felt Trina’s Cell that she forgot she had. Shaking her head she walked out thinking that she had survived the worst, and could now relax until her time was up.
 

Part 5

Julia left work, but didn’t go home. She walked around the neighborhood, and saw a world that she had only saw glimpses of on the news. When it began to get dark, she thought of home and let her legs carry her. When she stopped before Trina’s building, she was amazed that she made it back. She guessed there was some residual part of Trina inside her body that knew where home was.

She was just taking off her shoes when the phone rang. Julia looked at the clock. She had a few hours left, but hoped it was the Operator calling to send her back early.

“Hello,” she answered hopefully.

“Trina, girl, what the hell did you do?” yelled a female voice, but the not the Operator.

“Who is this?”

“What do you mean, who is this? It’s me; yo’ mamma. Are you drunk or have you just lost your ever-loving mind?”

“Mom? You’re Trina’s…dammit. You’re my mom,” Julia answered, getting sick of being someone else.

“Girl, what’s wrong with you? Why did you send Tyrone to jail?”

Julia shook her head. She didn’t want to talk or think about that monster of a man, but she figured Trina’s mother would be worried sick. “He was choking me…um…mom. I think he was trying to kill me, because I threw out his drugs.”

“You what?” the older woman yelled.

“It’s a long story, but I’m okay. He’s in jail, and will be…”

“He’s not in jail.”

“What?” The hairs on the back of Julia’s neck stood up. “Yes, he is. I pressed…”

“I bailed him out an hour ago. You two have got to work this out, girl.”

“You did what?” Julia could not believe what she heard.

“You heard me. That’s your daughter’s father. You don’t send him to jail, so he can be the white man’s slave. You know he’s been having a hard enough time with his record.”

“Why would you do that? Are you crazy? He was choking your daughter.” Now Julia was yelling into the phone.

“He wasn’t going to hurt you. Men, do that sometimes. It doesn’t mean they don’t love you. When he gets there, just listen to him and work this out. I gave him my car so he should be home any minute now. I just wanted to make sure you…”

But Julia wasn’t listening to the woman anymore. She heard a car door slam outside, and ran to the window. Below, she saw Tyrone striding across the street. She slammed the phone on the hook, and ran to lock the door.

“Shit! He has his own keys, stupid.” Julia spun in a circle, not knowing what to do when the phone rang again. She had hung up on Trina’s mother, and guessed the nutty woman was calling back. Julia hated her, but figured she would command her to call the police. She picked up the phone.

“Mamma, call the police right…”

“This is the Operator. Julia, what’s happening?”

“Thank God. Get me out of here. Trina’s crazy boyfriend is coming to kill me. I threw out his drugs, and now he coming for me.”

Julia heard the sound of typing coming through the phone.

“Okay, I have you. Go into the kitchen, and get the largest knife you see.”

“What? I can’t stab anyone. Send the police.”

“Julia, they will not get there in time. You have to…”

“I can’t,” Julia cried, and heard the sound of footsteps coming down the hall. “He’s coming.”

“Shit! All right, but do exactly what I tell you. Get a chair from the kitchen, turn the back towards the door and wedge it under the doorknob.”

Julia grabbed a chair and did as instructed. “Okay, but that won’t…”

“Good. Is there a light in the doorway?”

“Yes,” Julia answered

“Get another chair and a broom. Smash the light with broom and flip the chair over between the glass and the door.”

Julia smashed the light, just as Tyrone banged on the door.

“Open the door, Trina. I know you’re in there, bitch. I can hear you moving.” He stuck his key into the lock.

“Focus, Julia. Grab the biggest glass jar you can find and then turn off the rest of the lights.”

Julia killed the lights just as Tyrone unlocked the door and it caught on the chair.

“Bitch,” he yelled and slammed into the door.

Julia, ignored him, grabbed a glass vase. “I found a vase.”

“Smash it on the floor with the other glass, and then go down the fire escape.”

She dropped the vase and heard it shatter as she ran for the window. She had one leg out when Tyrone burst through the door. Their eyes met in the gloom and then Julia slipped out.
She swung onto the ladder, and heard the sound of Tyrone trip on the overturned chair and hit the floor. She smiled as he screamed in agony, and envisioned glass shards ripping into his skin.

Half-way down she felt the fire escape shake. Julia looked up and saw a bleeding Tyrone coming after her. She slid the rest of the way down and started running. A block away, her cell phone started ringing. Julia had forgotten it was in her pocket and yanked it out.

“Don’t slow down, he’s gaining on you.” It was the Operator and Julia looked back to see Tyrone running her way. “The street coming up is Western Avenue. I want you to stop at the crossing, and wait until I tell you to run.”

Julia didn’t answer and had no intention of questioning her. She stopped at the corner and saw no cars coming. She glanced behind her and saw Tyrone half a block away. For some reason he had her purse in his hand. He must have thought the drugs were in it.

He saw Trina standing still and ran faster. “I got you now, bitch.” He held the purse close to the bag, and swung the thick leather strap like a belt.

He’s wants to beat me, she thought watching him advance.

“Now, Julia, run across the street, run.” Julia missed the first part but heard the Operator yell, run. Without looking she darted into the street. She was half-way across when the light suddenly changed from red to green.

Tyrone was so close he entered the street just as Julia made it to the sidewalk. He was smiling as he saw Julia’s gaze shift from him to his right. He stopped and looked, just as a dark SUV barreled into him. He was instantly launched into the air as the vehicle passed under him. Tyrone hit the ground knees first, and a loud crack echoed as his legs shattered.

Julia covered her mouth, and stifled a screamed. She saw Tyrone, still holding Trina’s purse struggle to lift himself up. Julia felt her body walk back into the street towards the injured man, when a truck skidded and rolled over Tyrone, crushing his head like an over ripe melon.

It was too much. Julia turned and vomited what was left of her lunch onto the sidewalk. She was still retching when she heard the Operator yelling her name. She slowly lifted the phone to her ear.

“Don’t look at him. He’s gone and you have to get out of there. Across the street are stairs leading up to the train. Do you see it? Julia, pay attention; do you see them?” the woman yelled.

“Yes…yes, I see them.”

“Go now. Go up the stairs. There is a train about to stop. Hurry, before someone sees you.”

Julia stumbled across the road like a woman sleep walking and then made her way up the stairs. She reached the top, just as a train arrived. She paid no attention, as the light on turn-style changed from red to green, allowing her to go through.

She staggered onto the train and slumped into a seat. Several people saw her, and quickly moved away from her, as they would anyone who appeared drunk or stoned.

 “I want to go home,” she mumbled, still holding the cell in an iron grip. If the Operator heard her, she did not reply.

After several minutes of watching the buildings zoom past, Julia closed her tired eyes and let gentle sway of the train lull her to sleep.
***

Julia awoke to sunlight streaming through her window and landing on her face. She blinked several times, and stared at the picture on her nightstand of her and Mike at Disney Land. She started to get up, but stopped when she felt Mike’s heavy arm draped over her. She gasped as she felt wetness between her thighs. Slowly she slid her hand behind her, and was surprised to discover Mike’s semi-hard penis wedged between her cheeks.

“I’m home. I’m back.” She brought her hand before her eyes, and smiled as her wedding ring twinkled in the sunlight. “I’m me again. Thank you Lord. Thank you.” Tears ran from her eyes and she laughed out in joy.

“What…what did you say, sweetheart?” asked Mike.

Julia pulled Mike’s member out, and spun around to face him. “I said I love you. You adorable, boring man you.” Still holding him she slowly began stroking him and smiled as he started to grow.

“So, you want more. I don’t know what’s gotten into you.”

“More…yes, I want more. Whatever we did last night; I want that. I want every day and every night. I want to sing and dance and for us to live life. Can we do that? Will you do that with me?”

“Yes, my love…whatever you want. Just, please…be yourself.”
 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lancellot All rights reserved.
lancellot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.