General Fiction posted July 20, 2014


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
It's more than you think

The Exchange Part 1

by lancellot


“What’s this?” Julia asked as Tammy handed her a black card with ten gold numbers stamped above a red rose.

“Something you need. Something that will make you feel young, and perhaps - make your life better; it did for me.”

Julia looked at the small card, and thoughts of illicit drug deals with unsavory men in hoodies flooded her mind. She didn’t think her friend was into drugs, a little weed in college yes, but who didn’t take a joint back then.

“Um…look, Tammy, I appreciate the offer, but I got kids now. I don’t smoke any…”

“Girl, I don’t do drugs. I’m forty years old.” Smiling she closed Julia’s hand over the card. “If you don’t want to, don’t.  Just shred the card or burn it. If you do call, mention I referred you. After that, just follow the instructions, and enjoy the adventure. It’s almost noon. I have to pick up Teddy from kindergarten; he so loves school.”

Julia watched her old friend collect her own four-year-old from the monkey bars and quickly load him into her bright red mini-van.  Tammy waved and made the call sign with her hand as she drove away. Seeing her leave reminded Julia of her own tight schedule. Tuesday was meatloaf night, which meant she had to get her daughter to dance recitals by two, pick her son up from Karate by three, have the loaf in the oven by five, and make it all seem like an effortless joy when Mike got home from work.

Four years of college to become an unpaid nanny,” she thought looking down at the black card with gold numbers embossed on a red rose. “Maybe I should get high, just a little.” Laughing, she got her own little dancing monkey from the bars.
**************************

After loading the dishwasher and putting the kids to bed, Julia took a relaxing shower. Slipping Into her nightgown, she looked at her image in the mirror. Not too bad for forty. I must have Grandma’s genes. Liking what she saw, Julia felt a tingle and warmth spread out from her core. It had been a while since she and Mike had made love, and she suddenly felt like getting dirty all over again. I’ll lose the panties and then walk out in a towel. It’ll ‘accidentally’ slip off in front of Mike. When I bend over to pick it up….nature will take its course. But first I’ll give Mother Nature a little help.  Julia applied a little K-Y to ease the way, and set off on her plan.

Mike was on the sofa, with his eyes glued to the TV. Julia walked right in front of it, and her towel slipped to the floor.

“Oh!” With her back to Mike, she bent over to retrieve it. It took her a good five seconds to grab the slippery thing. She turned with an impish grin on her face. “See anything you like?”

Mike looked at his wife and…



The First Page writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
If you decided to start writing a novel, what would the first pages look like ? Details in the announcement.

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. lancellot All rights reserved.
lancellot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.