Fantasy Fiction posted July 20, 2014


Good
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted

The rookieâ??s new neighborhood

by MCLII1987

It was another lonely Friday night as I drove around in the Eastern District. The hot summer air filled the night sky. Future gang members to be were out playing in the streets. There was a pusher on every corner.

Because in this neighborhood five percent or less get out and make something of themselves. The rest never leave the neighborhood. They end up living off of the government, or wind up in prison, or worse wind up dead.  

I know that may sound stereotypical, but that’s how the real world is. It chews you up and spits you out before you realized what has happened. The lucky few that get out are athletically gifted, really smart or join the military.  

Sixty percent of these kids do not even want to be in school. They are simply there because the law says they have to be. They do not give two shits about school.

Tonight I spent most of my night handing out lights for bicycles, reflective vest and glow sticks. Most people in this neighborhood ride their bikes or use public transportation. Some of the young children were excited to play with the glow sticks.

But to the adults it just seemed like I was hassling them. I just flat out told them that city ordnance required bicycle lights. Using a light was a lot better than me scraping there dead flesh off of the road.

There was not much action at all tonight and the   neighborhood people were having fun playing pick on the rookie. Am I really making a difference?



The First Page writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
If you decided to start writing a novel, what would the first pages look like ? Details in the announcement.


A rookie cop tries to make it in a tuff neighborhood
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. MCLII1987 All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
MCLII1987 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.